Riding in Wales videos for the armchair rider

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Fred Fragger, Dec 5, 2003.

  1. Fred Fragger

    Fred Fragger Guest

    Hi,

    I'm off with flu* at the moment so I've not been able to ride (bugger!). Closest I've been to a
    bike for two weeks was fitting some crud catchers on 'er indoors' new steed :-( Matching colour of
    course :)

    In an effort to cheer myself up I had a quick look round the 'net for some videos to watch and found
    this site and thought I'd share it with you. Of course, most of you probably already know it's there
    :). Anyway, it's been enough to convince me to go to Wales next year!

    Most of the files are quite big so you need broadband!

    http://www.mtbbritain.co.uk/videos.html

    Later,

    Fred

    Overdosed on paracetemol.

    I say it's the 'flu, 'er indoors says it's a cold and I'm a wimp :)

    Tags:

  2. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Fred Fragger wrote:

    > I say it's the 'flu, 'er indoors says it's a cold and I'm a wimp :)

    Try the 50 quid test. If there was a 50 pound not at the bottom of the garden, could you get up and
    get it? Yes, cold; no, 'flu.

  3. bomba says:

    > If there was a 50 pound not at the bottom of the garden, could you get up and get it? Yes, cold;
    > no, 'flu.

    If the 50 quid was "not" at the bottom of the garden, I wouldn't even consider getting it.

    ;-P

  4. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Stephen Baker wrote:

    >>If there was a 50 pound not at the bottom of the garden, could you get up and get it? Yes, cold;
    >>no, 'flu.
    >

    > If the 50 quid was "not" at the bottom of the garden, I wouldn't even consider getting it.

    Oh arse. Blame it on the Bombay Sapphire...

  5. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 23:09:00 +0100, bomba wrote:
    > Fred Fragger wrote:
    >
    >> I say it's the 'flu, 'er indoors says it's a cold and I'm a wimp :)
    >
    > Try the 50 quid test. If there was a 50 pound not at the bottom of the garden, could you get up
    > and get it? Yes, cold; no, 'flu.

    Are you kidding? That's three cases of Trippel!* I'd have to be near death not to drag my fevered,
    puking ass across a garden for that, unless its a really big-ass garden. Besides, I could fertilize
    the plants on the way.

    * All values (in my mind) are in relation to cases of New Belgian Trippel.

    --
    -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least) "It's a shallow life that
    doesn't give a person a few scars" - Garrison Keillor

  6. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    BB wrote:

    >>Try the 50 quid test. If there was a 50 pound not at the bottom of the garden, could you get up
    >>and get it? Yes, cold; no, 'flu.
    >

    > Are you kidding? That's three cases of Trippel!* I'd have to be near death not to drag my fevered,
    > puking ass across a garden for that, unless its a really big-ass garden. Besides, I could
    > fertilize the plants on the way.
    >
    > * All values (in my mind) are in relation to cases of New Belgian Trippel.

    You do recognise the first signs of addiction, don't you? :)