Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Riding into the Sunrise: Caution Almost All MTB content

Started by GeeDubb · · Last activity · 2 posts · 508 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
26 December 2006
Last activity
27 December 2006
Original author
GeeDubb
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
508
Views / 30 days
5

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Another cool morning, I'm in my shop changing tires on the rss for the 9
    a.m. rendevue with the old man, SO sticks her head in "you're on your own,
    John called, he's sick" so dilema time.....do I go or do I stay?

    7:45 a.m., a cold, for Phx, 40°F and I'm thinking strongly on bailing but
    bike ride wins and I suit up. Out the door at 8 a.m......bbrrrrr, I'm a
    wuss anymore. RSS feels spongy with the new Kinda Kinetics 2.3 sticky
    compound tire on the front with 40 psi, still running 55 psi on the back but
    way more responsive than the SB of yesterday's ride.

    Hit the trail but can't see as I'm looking right into the morning sun as it
    rises slightly over the mountain. I'm feeling the trail, hitting rocks
    while I block the sun with one hand so as to avoid any hikers that may lurk
    in my 12 oclock. This goes on for about a mile before I finally get back in
    the shade.

    I'm a little tired from yesterday and being all bundled up is so
    restrictive. The trail has dried up considerably since yesterday as well,
    not quite as sticky. Now that I can see the trail and obstacles I'm riding
    quite a bit better, well enough to let more air out of the tires not fearing
    that inevitably rear pinch flat that has loomed heavy in my mind every time
    I ride the rss.

    In and out of the shadows plays havic with visual perseption making one
    react as one with the bike. I ride up, I ride down, do the bmx area in
    several figure 8's to stretch out the ride and stay away from the push the
    bike section that I'm not yet able to climb yet. Back on climb mode, lower
    back burning, screaming, robbing power from each stroke of the pedal, I top
    the climb and take a less travelled loop that I turn into an out and back,
    enjoying the tight twisty turns in both directions...Another climb to the
    water tank up a black top road, can't make it in straight line, serpentine
    my way to the top....heavy, labored breathing, back is now out of
    commission, most of the way home is down.

    Passed a dozen or so runners/hikers but no other cyclists, no dog [censored] on
    the tire today. I hit the base of Shaw Butte, stop, call John......"brew a
    pot, I'll be there in less than 10 minutes ya sick [censored]". Shared a few
    cups of drip with one of my favorite riding buds and headed home. Walked
    into a house smelling of freshly baked pecan pies.

    Life it just so damn good!

    Hope everyone enjoyed the day as much as I did.

    Gary

  2. GeeDubb said:

    Another cool morning, I'm in my shop changing tires on the rss for the 9
    a.m. rendevue with the old man, SO sticks her head in "you're on your own,
    John called, he's sick" so dilema time.....do I go or do I stay?
    Passed a dozen or so runners/hikers but no other cyclists, no dog [censored] on
    the tire today. I hit the base of Shaw Butte, stop, call John......"brew a
    pot, I'll be there in less than 10 minutes ya sick [censored]". Shared a few
    cups of drip with one of my favorite riding buds and headed home. Walked
    into a house smelling of freshly baked pecan pies.

    Life it just so damn good!

    Hope everyone enjoyed the day as much as I did.

    Gary

    Way to get after it. Now that's a great mtb'rs Christmas short story.
    Did someone say "freshly baked pecan pies?"

    CDB

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.