Riding On Sand

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Gadget, Mar 31, 2003.

  1. Gadget

    Gadget Guest

    Some one mentioned riding on the sand in the "Cycling Warfare" post. This I have done and I have
    also cycled on water. The bike I was referring to is a trike with 3 huge wheels. These wheels are
    plastic globes about 4 - 5 feet high. Its a huge bike that me and my sister hired once in corfu.
    Once you pick up speed on the sand the energy you put in seems worthwhile. And on water it's a
    barrel of laughs, because it does actually move at a pretty astonishing rate. The post reminded me
    of this bike and now am thinking about getting one for my commute to work. :eek:)

    Gadget

    Tags:

  2. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    "Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:4G%[email protected]...
    > Some one mentioned riding on the sand in the "Cycling Warfare" post. This
    > have done and I have also cycled on water. The bike I was referring to is
    > trike with 3 huge wheels. These wheels are plastic globes about 4 - 5 feet high. Its a huge bike
    > that me and my sister hired once in corfu. Once you pick up speed on the sand the energy you put
    > in seems worthwhile. And on water it's a barrel of laughs, because it does actually move at a
    > pretty astonishing rate. The post reminded me of this bike and now am thinking about getting one
    > for my commute to work. :eek:)
    >
    > Gadget

    I rode a road bike for quite a way on sand dunes once. The bike never recovered.