Riding On Sand

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Gadget, Mar 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gadget

Gadget Guest

Some one mentioned riding on the sand in the "Cycling Warfare" post. This I have done and I have
    also cycled on water. The bike I was referring to is a trike with 3 huge wheels. These wheels are
    plastic globes about 4 - 5 feet high. Its a huge bike that me and my sister hired once in corfu.
    Once you pick up speed on the sand the energy you put in seems worthwhile. And on water it's a
    barrel of laughs, because it does actually move at a pretty astonishing rate. The post reminded me
    of this bike and now am thinking about getting one for my commute to work. :eek:)

Gadget

Tags:

2. Smudger

Smudger Guest

"Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:4G%[email protected]...
    > Some one mentioned riding on the sand in the "Cycling Warfare" post. This
    I
    > have done and I have also cycled on water. The bike I was referring to is
    a
    > trike with 3 huge wheels. These wheels are plastic globes about 4 - 5 feet high. Its a huge bike
    > that me and my sister hired once in corfu. Once you pick up speed on the sand the energy you put
    > in seems worthwhile. And on water it's a barrel of laughs, because it does actually move at a
    > pretty astonishing rate. The post reminded me of this bike and now am thinking about getting one
    > for my commute to work. :eek:)
    >
    > Gadget
    >
    >

I rode a road bike for quite a way on sand dunes once. The bike never recovered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.