Riding over 3000 miles?

SeanKimStyle

May 11, 2006
I bet, people have done this before. Riding more than 3000 miles in about 50 days, more or less. I am trying to find some of the articles about it on the internet, but i can't find it. Anyone know where I can find it out from?

I am doing a Arthritis Foundation's Amgen California Coast Classic in Sep. 9th-16th, 2006. We ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles (anyone doing this?)
After this, I am going to train hard to ride from San Diego to New York. I know, I can do it, but has anyone done it? thanks for reading

sean

what kind of bike did you use? touring bike? or just regular racing bike? other thing did you do it by yourself or as a group?

SeanKimStyle said:
what kind of bike did you use? touring bike? or just regular racing bike?
Touring bike. Nice low gears. Racks, panniers, the whole thing.

Did you get a chance to read the thread I linked?

Durangodave said:
Touring bike. Nice low gears. Racks, panniers, the whole thing.

Did you get a chance to read the thread I linked?
yes i did.. i am jealous... i can't wait... I bet you see things little differently after that trip... how old are you?

SeanKimStyle said:
yes i did.. i am jealous... i can't wait... I bet you see things little differently after that trip... how old are you?
I'm 38 now, so I was.... 20 back then. Quite a while ago. It was one of the best things I've ever done. But I regret doing it so fast, and not poking around a little more. But there were 2 others to consider.

I am thinking about doing it by myself. I want to do it for some goods. Do you think you could of done by yourself? i am 22. i know this will change my life when i do it.

SeanKimStyle said:
I am thinking about doing it by myself. I want to do it for some goods. Do you think you could of done by yourself? i am 22. i know this will change my life when i do it.
I probably could have done it alone, but I'm glad I had a couple of friends. There are some long, boring lonely stretches of road in this country. And I wouldn't feel so confident camping in certain strange places if it was just me.

A couple years ago I toured France, alone, for three weeks. But there was usually a village every 8km, and I stayed in cheap hotels.

You might consider starting a thread like this in the touring forum: http://www.cyclingforums.com/f79-touring-and-recreational-cycling.html
You might get more response, maybe from people who have done some serious solo touring.