Riding over 3000 miles?

SeanKimStyle

May 11, 2006
I bet, people have done this before. Riding more than 3000 miles in about 50 days, more or less. I am trying to find some of the articles about it on the internet, but i can't find it. Anyone know where I can find it out from?

I am doing a Arthritis Foundation's Amgen California Coast Classic in Sep. 9th-16th, 2006. We ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles (anyone doing this?)
After this ride, I am going to train harder to ride from San Diego to New York. I know, I can do it, but has anyone done it? thanks for reading

sean

Get the book "Sports Cycling" by Michael Shermer. He was one of the founders of the Race Across AMerica (RAAM) and has ridden 2,500 miles in 10 days or so. Pity it's quite an old book and it might be quite hard to find.

My Dad did a trip from LA to Massachusetts in 1999. He was testing batteries for a power assisted bike for a company called Curry Industries. I drove a support RV while my sister drove a Maintenance van with a bike tech. We completed the trip in 2 and 1/2 months culminating with a ceremony in Woburn, Mass with the presentation of a police bike for the WPD. I am in the process of writing the book about the adventure. It was a very unique trip in that it was a family thing. My book covers the events rather than the places since many have done the ride for different reasons.

i've talked with a fellow who rode across the US in 30 days - one summer while he was a high school student.

cu,
larryb

SeanKimStyle said:
I bet, people have done this before. Riding more than 3000 miles in about 50 days, more or less. I am trying to find some of the articles about it on the internet, but i can't find it. Anyone know where I can find it out from?
sean

Around Australia record

14,450km in 56 days

http://www.aa56.net/

Eugen is certainly someone who has the distance in his legs.

Cheers
Hugh