Riding partner(s) Sydney area

yyoussef

Mar 19, 2007
Hello,

I will be visiting the Sydney area (Baulkham Hills) from the 27th of April through May 9th. It would be great to have a riding partner(s), hopfully sharing good trails they may know. I would be happy to do the same if you come to the States (Washington, DC area).
I would rather bike away from cars and enjoy nature or the bush, but not MTB.
I have a Touring bike, it can go on none paved trails, but not too rough. If you have recommendations, I would be grateful if you share.

Cheers,
Youssef
P.S. you may also email me at [email protected]

hi yyoussef

For a start you could ride the M7 motorway. There's a dedicated cycleway (separate from the road) which runs parallel to the motorway. It's 40km long (or 80km return) and is a pleasant ride. Not too hilly; the only hills are long but not steep. I've attached a pdf with all of the details. If I think of anything else I'll post but I should really get back to work :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply.
I have biked there some, but the sight of the highway follows me all the way:eek:. Cars, cars, trucks, concrete, blacktop, on and on. Are there any big national parks with a nice long bike trails or anywhere where there are trees and bush?? :confused: I don't mean to be picky, but it would be nice to have a variety as well.
Australia is so rich with beautiful lands, I was just hoping I can enjoy some of it…

Cheers,
Youssef
1id10t said:
hi yyoussef

For a start you could ride the M7 motorway. There's a dedicated cycleway (separate from the road) which runs parallel to the motorway. It's 40km long (or 80km return) and is a pleasant ride. Not too hilly; the only hills are long but not steep. I've attached a pdf with all of the details. If I think of anything else I'll post but I should really get back to work :rolleyes:

Thanks JR

I just sent them an email. I do have friends in Dee Why as well. This should work out great.

Cheers,
YY
j.r.hawkins said:
Get in touch with the guys at Dee Why Beach Cycles. They run group rides on Sunday mornings, some of which go through the areas mentioned (eg Akuna Bay). www.deewhybeachcycles.com.au