riding seat in front

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by lucky_8, Mar 3, 2006.

  1. lucky_8

    lucky_8 Guest

    Tags:

  2. Umm...I sorta practiced it on and off for maybe 4-5 days, then really
    worked on it today, and can ride ~30+ feet on a good run SIF.

    --
    dudewithasock

    'My Unicycling Journal'
    officially ended.
    :cool:
    'MR - Reply 40,000' (http://tinyurl.com/dwwy5)
    I love Asian girls! :p
    dudewithasock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10900

  3. silverfridge

    silverfridge Guest

    i am teaching myself to ride, on and off, but do u guys findu have to
    swing the seat in the opposite direction to which foot is pushing down
    during that revolution?

    the only reason i am learning is so i can seat out hop
    :)

    --
    silverfridge

    GOD SPEED!
    silverfridge's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11533

  4. leo

    leo Guest

    lucky_8 wrote:
    > how long did you have to practice riding with your seat in front of you
    > before you could do it good.

    How long will you?

    --
    leo

    leo vandewoestijne
    *'+1 866-uni-cycl' (callto://+18668642925)
    'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)

    'subscribe' (http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/subscribe.cfm) to
    'unicyclist.org' (http://www.unicyclist.org/)!*
    leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

  5. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

    i did it my first time trying, turning was a little different, but i got
    it the first try, and i can ride just as good but my legs get tired out
    when im going fast lol

    Weird cause i also did the suicide mount, and jump mount on my first
    try lol

    --
    Jerrick

    What would you do to me if i was passed out on your bed? o.0

  6. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

    I did that way before i did SIF riding, so maybe that helped, also a
    good exercise would be going from stumach\chest on the seat, then to
    SIF then to regular, or regular, to SIF to stumach\chest

    --
    Jerrick

    What would you do to me if i was passed out on your bed? o.0

  7. andycookuk

    andycookuk Guest

    silverfridge wrote:
    > i am teaching myself to ride, on and off, but do u guys findu have to
    > swing the seat in the opposite direction to which foot is pushing down
    > during that revolution?
    >
    > the only reason i am learning is so i can seat out hop
    > :)

    I'm learning to ride SiF so I can hop SiF aswell!

    I don't think there's a crazy amount of technique involved, just
    strength!

    I can ride pretty far SiF, basically until I get tired... How far do
    you need to be able to ride to hop SiF?

    AndyC

    --
    andycookuk

    "I know the human being and fish can co-exist peacefully."
    George Bush
    andycookuk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11138

  8. lucky_8

    lucky_8 Guest

  9. dale_dale

    dale_dale Guest

  10. leo

    leo Guest

    lucky_8 wrote:
    > i have been working on it a few days and still can't get it

    just some pointers:
    - ride sitting on seat
    - come to a stop with the pedals level
    - stand up, on your toes, and pull out the seat
    - start riding with the seat in front
    - the seat should best be holded with only 1 hand
    - pull the seat up (like you rip it off); that will cause the unicycle
    to be stable + push yourself to the pedals.
    - for the beginning just hold the seat against the body. Later on you
    will be able to keep it in front (not touching the body).

    --
    leo

    leo vandewoestijne
    *'+1 866-uni-cycl' (callto://+18668642925)
    'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)

    'subscribe' (http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/subscribe.cfm) to
    'unicyclist.org' (http://www.unicyclist.org/)!*
    leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

  11. lucky_8

    lucky_8 Guest

    leo wrote:
    > just some pointers:
    > - ride sitting on seat
    > - come to a stop with the pedals level
    > - stand up, on your toes, and pull out the seat
    > - start riding with the seat in front
    > - the seat should best be holded with only 1 hand
    > - pull the seat up (like you rip it off); that will cause the unicycle
    > to be stable + push yourself to the pedals.
    > - for the beginning just hold the seat against the body. Later on you
    > will be able to keep it in front (not touching the body).

    thanks for the advice

    --
    lucky_8

    life is a whole lot more fun when you live it on just one wheel.
    lucky_8's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11685

  12. andycookuk

    andycookuk Guest

    leo wrote:
    > just some pointers:
    > - ride sitting on seat
    > - come to a stop with the pedals level
    > - stand up, on your toes, and pull out the seat
    > - start riding with the seat in front
    > - the seat should best be holded with only 1 hand
    > - pull the seat up (like you rip it off); that will cause the unicycle
    > to be stable + push yourself to the pedals.
    > - for the beginning just hold the seat against the body. Later on you
    > will be able to keep it in front (not touching the body).

    Ta!

    --
    andycookuk

    "I know the human being and fish can co-exist peacefully."
    George Bush
    andycookuk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11138

  13. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

    when I do it, ill just be riding, stand up and pull it out, then hold it
    up againts my body, now im able to hold it with a fully outstretched
    arm =p

    It really isnt all hard, the hardest part would probably be getting the
    seat out, and turning, but with a litte practice those become really
    easy too

    --
    Jerrick

    What would you do to me if i was passed out on your bed? o.0

  14. freddy

    freddy Guest

  15. swarbrim

    swarbrim Guest

  16. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

  17. lucky_8

    lucky_8 Guest

  18. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

    Goodluck, for me if i crouched down more it worked, and i pretty much
    was pushing the seat into my body, not hard but it was tucked into me
    pretty good =p

    --
    Jerrick

    What would you do to me if i was passed out on your bed? o.0

  19. silverfridge

    silverfridge Guest

    i gave it a real solemn try just then, and lo and behold, i can ride as
    far as i want, but it tires the hell out of me
    hehe, TIRES!
    and that was an accidental pun too,
    so if u want to ride seat in front, give it a shot TODAY

    (no i am not advertising anything):p