riding seat in front

Umm...I sorta practiced it on and off for maybe 4-5 days, then really
worked on it today, and can ride ~30+ feet on a good run SIF.

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.
:cool:
'MR - Reply 40,000' (http://tinyurl.com/dwwy5)
I love Asian girls! :p
dudewithasock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10900

i am teaching myself to ride, on and off, but do u guys findu have to
swing the seat in the opposite direction to which foot is pushing down
during that revolution?

the only reason i am learning is so i can seat out hop
:)

--
silverfridge

GOD SPEED!
silverfridge's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11533

lucky_8 wrote:
> how long did you have to practice riding with your seat in front of you
> before you could do it good.

How long will you?

--
leo

leo vandewoestijne
*'+1 866-uni-cycl' (callto://+18668642925)
'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)

'subscribe' (http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/subscribe.cfm) to
'unicyclist.org' (http://www.unicyclist.org/)!*
leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

i did it my first time trying, turning was a little different, but i got
it the first try, and i can ride just as good but my legs get tired out
when im going fast lol

Weird cause i also did the suicide mount, and jump mount on my first
try lol

--
Jerrick

What would you do to me if i was passed out on your bed? o.0

I did that way before i did SIF riding, so maybe that helped, also a
good exercise would be going from stumach\chest on the seat, then to
SIF then to regular, or regular, to SIF to stumach\chest

--

silverfridge wrote:
> i am teaching myself to ride, on and off, but do u guys findu have to
> swing the seat in the opposite direction to which foot is pushing down
> during that revolution?
>
> the only reason i am learning is so i can seat out hop
> :)

I'm learning to ride SiF so I can hop SiF aswell!

I don't think there's a crazy amount of technique involved, just
strength!

I can ride pretty far SiF, basically until I get tired... How far do
you need to be able to ride to hop SiF?

AndyC

--
andycookuk

"I know the human being and fish can co-exist peacefully."
George Bush
andycookuk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11138

lucky_8 wrote:
> i have been working on it a few days and still can't get it

just some pointers:
- ride sitting on seat
- come to a stop with the pedals level
- stand up, on your toes, and pull out the seat
- start riding with the seat in front
- the seat should best be holded with only 1 hand
- pull the seat up (like you rip it off); that will cause the unicycle
to be stable + push yourself to the pedals.
- for the beginning just hold the seat against the body. Later on you
will be able to keep it in front (not touching the body).

--

leo wrote:
> just some pointers:
> - ride sitting on seat
> - come to a stop with the pedals level
> - stand up, on your toes, and pull out the seat
> - start riding with the seat in front
> - the seat should best be holded with only 1 hand
> - pull the seat up (like you rip it off); that will cause the unicycle
> to be stable + push yourself to the pedals.
> - for the beginning just hold the seat against the body. Later on you
> will be able to keep it in front (not touching the body).

thanks for the advice

--
lucky_8

life is a whole lot more fun when you live it on just one wheel.
lucky_8's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11685

leo wrote:
> just some pointers:
> - ride sitting on seat
> - come to a stop with the pedals level
> - stand up, on your toes, and pull out the seat
> - start riding with the seat in front
> - the seat should best be holded with only 1 hand
> - pull the seat up (like you rip it off); that will cause the unicycle
> to be stable + push yourself to the pedals.
> - for the beginning just hold the seat against the body. Later on you
> will be able to keep it in front (not touching the body).

Ta!

--
andycookuk

"I know the human being and fish can co-exist peacefully."
George Bush
andycookuk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11138

when I do it, ill just be riding, stand up and pull it out, then hold it
up againts my body, now im able to hold it with a fully outstretched
arm =p

It really isnt all hard, the hardest part would probably be getting the
seat out, and turning, but with a litte practice those become really
easy too

--
Jerrick

What would you do to me if i was passed out on your bed? o.0

i gave it a real solemn try just then, and lo and behold, i can ride as
far as i want, but it tires the hell out of me
hehe, TIRES!
and that was an accidental pun too,
so if u want to ride seat in front, give it a shot TODAY

(no i am not advertising anything):p