Riding, snow or shine

zaskar

Aug 3, 2003
I guess im a wimp, i don't ride in under 50 degree weather. here is a cyclist in Colorado on Dec 28th.

zaskar said:
I guess im a wimp, i don't ride in under 50 degree weather. here is a cyclist in Colorado on Dec 28th.
That right there is frigin dedication.

UNF_Chaz said:
That right there is frigin dedication.
If that person was dedicated to racing success they would be better served doing FT intervals on the trainer this time of year.

My guess is they choose to ride as an alternative source of transportation.

And it looked like a single speed/fixie with no brake lever, at least on the left side of the handlebar. :eek:

sogood said:
And it looked like a single speed/fixie with no brake lever, at least on the left side of the handlebar. :eek:
Fixie's are the winter bike of choice out here in Wyoming. I've got friends that swear that they're a lot easier to control on the ice but I'm not convinced. I've ridden fixies on the road and track for years but stop signs and traffic are hard enough without ice to worry about. One hard crash on black ice can wipe out a whole lot of training gains, I'm sticking to the trainer and ski skating till the roads dry out a bit :)

C'mon guys, it's obvious that is not human. Take a look at the helmet - it an android!
081.gif

here are the factors motivating this cyclist:

1.) blew entire bike fund on bike and not enough for a trainer.
2.) loves riding in snow
3.) wants bragging rights
4.) so dedicated that the indoor trainer is only to be used when 20"+ of snow is on the road (19" is no exception)
5.) is training specifically for road racing in snow (can you detect the sarcasm? lol)
6.)lost his license, but still has the carbon bike (more sarcasm)
7.)any other reasons i cant think of...please add more if can think of any

vio765 said:

2.) loves riding in snow
4.) so dedicated that the indoor trainer is only to be used when 20"+ of snow is on the road (19" is no exception)
5.) is training specifically for road racing in snow (can you detect the sarcasm? lol)
============================================================
8) he's a half-wit

9) Loves being on the bike

Why is this left off every list when people see cyclists doing stuff?

Wouldn't be doing that without MTB, rear strobe, studded snows, full fenders and paniers. It is a challenge and cheaper than skiing but even with my set up if there is two inches of snow or more in the bikes path it ain't worth it and I drive in. That picture is a take the car day.

vio765 said:

2.) loves riding in snow

10.) A little snow makes great training if you're into cyclocross! :D

Mud can be as slippery as ice and the bike handling skills are a must!

Don't feel bad, I agree. I don't ride under 45 degree weather.

zaskar said:

zaskar said:
my guess is that he is a bike messenger on a delivery run and has no choice but to be out there to earn a weeks pay.

cheo said:
my guess is that he is a bike messenger on a delivery run and has no choice but to be out there to earn a weeks pay.
+1

downtown Denver on fixie w/messenger bag