riding TFCE?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Geoff Adams, Apr 23, 2003.

  1. Geoff Adams

    Geoff Adams Guest

    Folks,

    Are any of you Northeast/New England 'bent riders planning to ride The Flattest Century in the East
    this year? It's on
    9/7. Register at the Narragansett Bay Wheelmen site:

    http://www.nbwclub.org/

    --
    -Geoff Adams Providence, RI Saber R64 Speedmachine (for sale: http://www.geoffadams.com/bikes/)

    Tags:

  2. Carol Cohen

    Carol Cohen Guest

    Yay, Geoff! We just sent in our registrations yesterday. Which bike will you be riding?

    C.C.2000 Toureasy and J.C., 2002 Toureasy

    > From: geoff adams <[email protected]> Organization: Cox Communications Newsgroups:
    > alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:08:51 GMT Subject: riding TFCE?
    >
    > Folks,
    >
    > Are any of you Northeast/New England 'bent riders planning to ride The Flattest Century in the
    > East this year? It's on
    > 9/7. Register at the Narragansett Bay Wheelmen site:
    >
    > http://www.nbwclub.org/
    >

    > --
    > -Geoff Adams Providence, RI Saber R64 Speedmachine (for sale: http://www.geoffadams.com/bikes/)

  3. Geoff Adams

    Geoff Adams Guest

    Hi C.C.,

    So that's three 'bents and counting. I'll ride the Viz ... and .... as we say down here ... see
    yooze guys at the ride.

    -Geoff

    Carol Cohen wrote:
    > Yay, Geoff! We just sent in our registrations yesterday. Which bike will you be riding?
    >
    > C.C.2000 Toureasy and J.C., 2002 Toureasy
    >

    >>From: geoff adams <[email protected]> Organization: Cox Communications Newsgroups:
    >>alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:08:51 GMT Subject: riding TFCE?
    >>
    >>Folks,
    >>
    >>Are any of you Northeast/New England 'bent riders planning to ride The Flattest Century in the
    >>East this year? It's on
    >>9/7. Register at the Narragansett Bay Wheelmen site:
    >>
    >>http://www.nbwclub.org/
    >>

    >>--
    >>-Geoff Adams Providence, RI Saber R64 Speedmachine (for sale: http://www.geoffadams.com/bikes/)

    --
    -Geoff

    http://www.geoffadams.com

  4. Geoff

    I will be there on my Aerocyle

    Larry Shwartz Dartmouth MA (Approx mile 48 on TFCE)

  5. Geoff Adams

    Geoff Adams Guest

    Larry,

    Excellent ... look forward to seeing you, and your bike. This will be my first century. Have you
    done TFCE before?

    -Geoff

    Larry Shwartz wrote:
    > Geoff
    >
    > I will be there on my Aerocyle
    >
    > Larry Shwartz Dartmouth MA (Approx mile 48 on TFCE)

  6. Nigey

    Nigey Guest

    I'm sending off my app tomorrow morning -hopefully I am in time to get it in.

    Now.... I don't know whether or not to admit to this, but I'm seriously considering doing this on my
    wedgie road bike. Got a hankering recently to hit the road with the wedgie and have really been
    enjoying doing stuff on my C'dale upright road bike.

    Course, things can change, and I might end up doing it on the Vision VR40 depending on how things
    pan out training wise.

    cheers

    Nige

    p.s. off to Nova Scotia at the end of this month to do a quick three day tour on the 'bent.

    Carol Cohen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BACC0C80.4A235%[email protected]>...
    > Yay, Geoff! We just sent in our registrations yesterday. Which bike will you be riding?
    >
    > C.C.2000 Toureasy and J.C., 2002 Toureasy
    >
    > > From: geoff adams <[email protected]> Organization: Cox Communications Newsgroups:
    > > alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:08:51 GMT Subject: riding TFCE?
    > >
    > > Folks,
    > >
    > > Are any of you Northeast/New England 'bent riders planning to ride The Flattest Century in the
    > > East this year? It's on
    > > 9/7. Register at the Narragansett Bay Wheelmen site:
    > >
    > > http://www.nbwclub.org/
    > >

    > > --
    > > -Geoff Adams Providence, RI Saber R64 Speedmachine (for sale: http://www.geoffadams.com/bikes/)

  7. Geoff Adams

    Geoff Adams Guest

    Nigel,

    Ah, then... I'll look for you at TFCE. You'll be the guy on the C'dale upright, yes?

    Nigey wrote:
    > I'm sending off my app tomorrow morning -hopefully I am in time to get it in.
    >
    > Now.... I don't know whether or not to admit to this, but I'm seriously considering doing this on
    > my wedgie road bike. Got a hankering recently to hit the road with the wedgie and have really been
    > enjoying doing stuff on my C'dale upright road bike.
    >
    > Course, things can change, and I might end up doing it on the Vision VR40 depending on how things
    > pan out training wise.
    >
    > cheers
    >
    > Nige
    >
    > p.s. off to Nova Scotia at the end of this month to do a quick three day tour on the 'bent.
    >

    > Carol Cohen <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<BACC0C80.4A235%[email protected]>...
    >
    >>Yay, Geoff! We just sent in our registrations yesterday. Which bike will you be riding?
    >>
    >>C.C.2000 Toureasy and J.C., 2002 Toureasy
    >>

    >>>From: geoff adams <[email protected]> Organization: Cox Communications Newsgroups:
    >>>alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:08:51 GMT Subject: riding TFCE?
    >>>
    >>>Folks,
    >>>
    >>>Are any of you Northeast/New England 'bent riders planning to ride The Flattest Century in the
    >>>East this year? It's on
    >>>9/7. Register at the Narragansett Bay Wheelmen site:
    >>>
    >>>http://www.nbwclub.org/
    >>>

    >>>--
    >>>-Geoff Adams Providence, RI Saber R64 Speedmachine (for sale: http://www.geoffadams.com/bikes/)

    --
    -Geoff

    http://www.geoffadams.com

  8. Nigey

    Nigey Guest

    Now Geoff, I think you might be pulling my leg on this one -though I reckon there won't be too many
    R54s there so I'll be able to recognize you. However, there will be many many people on Cannondale
    uprights at the ride. So, let's give you a more accurate description:

    Late thirties male, balding going grey hair, with pot belly on yellow Cannondale road bike. Usually
    out of breath.

    There we go, that should narrow the field down a bit ;^)

    cheers

    Nige

    p.s. and of course I reserve the right to do the ride on my Vision VR-40 in case I change my mind!

    geoff adams <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Nigel,
    >
    > Ah, then... I'll look for you at TFCE. You'll be the guy on the C'dale upright, yes?
    >

    > Geoff Adams Providence, RI Saber R64

  9. Geoff Adams

    Geoff Adams Guest

    Nigey wrote:
    > Now Geoff, I think you might be pulling my leg on this one -

    Truly, I was.

    >So, let's give you a more accurate description:
    >
    > Late thirties male, balding going grey hair, with pot belly on yellow Cannondale road bike.
    > Usually out of breath.
    >
    > There we go, that should narrow the field down a bit ;^)

    Yes, that narrows the field down to probably about 300 or so!

    > Nige
    >
    > p.s. and of course I reserve the right to do the ride on my Vision VR-40 in case I change my mind!

    Of course I would advocate the VR-40. But, as you say, I will be conspicuous on the Silver Saber.
    'Til then, then.

    -Geoff