Riding the back roads !

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by zipp2001, Nov 12, 2016.

1. zipp2001

zipp2001 Active Member

The temp was 42 degrees so I went and did a little climbing and descending out around The Old Town Center. Most of the back roads are in really good shape, but I did take a road I haven't been on before and it had a super shitty section. I'm trying to get out as much as I can before Thanksgiving, because once Turkey day comes business explodes. I'll start spending 7 days a week and 80-90 hours up until 4 days before Christmas. Lets hope the temp plays nice so I don't have to dust off the trainer.

Tags:

2. cheetahmk7

cheetahmk7 Active Member

This is my idea of back roads. I can do a 90 km ride and be disappointed because I saw one car!
    1.jpg

3. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

Nice ride, Zipp! I enjoy seeing those old New England salt box houses. Classic.

Cheetah, that is definitely a back road! SRM...Quark or Power2max meter on that Boardman?

#3 CAMPYBOB, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  4. cheetahmk7

cheetahmk7 Active Member

That's an old wired SRM that was converted to wireless by SRM in New Zealand.

5. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

Kinda looked like an SRM, but hard to tell from the pic. I need a Campy SRM for the Wilier, but $$$$. I'll have to Google and see if users can replace the batteries now.

6. Milly Delevingne

Milly Delevingne New Member

Exploring this beautiful region on bike was harder than I expected and fun in ways I couldn’t have imagined. It challenged me and enlightened me. And while I don’t have thighs of steel, I have memories that will last a lifetime.

zipp2001 likes this.