Riding to Penrith

kakman

Dec 3, 2005
A bunch of people from work have decided to go white water rafting at Penrith. Rather than drive I thought I'd ride (I live at Georges Hall). Can anyone tell me if the M4 has a shoulder/bike path that could take me all the way to Penrith in (relative) safety? (I'm assuming bikes are allowed on the M4)

Also thinking I might be able to ride the first half on the Prospect track and get onto the M4 at Blacktown somewhere thus avoiding Woodville Rd. Open to any other suggestions...

thanks

// kak

redorbea

Jul 17, 2005
kakman said:
A bunch of people from work have decided to go white water rafting at Penrith. Rather than drive I thought I'd ride (I live at Georges Hall). Can anyone tell me if the M4 has a shoulder/bike path that could take me all the way to Penrith in (relative) safety? (I'm assuming bikes are allowed on the M4)

Also thinking I might be able to ride the first half on the Prospect track and get onto the M4 at Blacktown somewhere thus avoiding Woodville Rd. Open to any other suggestions...

thanks

// kak
Jump on the M5, then M7. then M4 ride along mulgoa rd to the whitewater centre.

M4 good shoulder and M7 as Bike road

scotty72

Jul 10, 2005
kakman said:

thanks

// kak
Get to Canley Vale via Lake Gilawarna and Landsvale then onto Orpan School Creek C/p.

Go via C/P inside western Sydney Regional Park onto Chandos Road. Onto M7 C/p then M4 shoulder

Scotty