Riding to Penrith

kakman

Dec 3, 2005
A bunch of people from work have decided to go white water rafting at Penrith. Rather than drive I thought I'd ride (I live at Georges Hall). Can anyone tell me if the M4 has a shoulder/bike path that could take me all the way to Penrith in (relative) safety? (I'm assuming bikes are allowed on the M4)

Also thinking I might be able to ride the first half on the Prospect track and get onto the M4 at Blacktown somewhere thus avoiding Woodville Rd. Open to any other suggestions...

thanks

// kak

kakman said:
A bunch of people from work have decided to go white water rafting at Penrith. Rather than drive I thought I'd ride (I live at Georges Hall). Can anyone tell me if the M4 has a shoulder/bike path that could take me all the way to Penrith in (relative) safety? (I'm assuming bikes are allowed on the M4)

Also thinking I might be able to ride the first half on the Prospect track and get onto the M4 at Blacktown somewhere thus avoiding Woodville Rd. Open to any other suggestions...

thanks

// kak
Jump on the M5, then M7. then M4 ride along mulgoa rd to the whitewater centre.

M4 good shoulder and M7 as Bike road

kakman said:

thanks

// kak
Get to Canley Vale via Lake Gilawarna and Landsvale then onto Orpan School Creek C/p.

Go via C/P inside western Sydney Regional Park onto Chandos Road. Onto M7 C/p then M4 shoulder

Scotty