Riding trips from Sydney

thomas_cho

Jan 4, 2005
Are there any organized rides from Sydney to the Hunter Valley?

Or has anyone tried cycling from Sydney to Newcastle or Wollongong, or some other destination but similar distances?

Would like to hear your experiences, and how hard (hilly), and safe the rides are.

Thanks

thomas_cho said:

Or has anyone tried cycling from Sydney to Newcastle or Wollongong, or some other destination but similar distances?

Would like to hear your experiences, and how hard (hilly), and safe the rides are.

Thanks
For Sydney to Wollongong, why don't you do the Gong ride this year, 5th November.
Gong web site
Some riders even ride back.

I have done group rides from Sydney to Gosford, but newcastle is a lot longer. The hills are very big for sydney. Catch the train to Turramurra and go through bobbin head- nicer ride than the highway. The desents are quite fast and tight. Lots of fun.

thomas_cho said:

Thanks

thomas_cho said:
Yeah I have marked down this ride to do!
I am planning to join the Gong Ride this year as well.

Gotta do lots of training for that :D

There should be a big turnout on the gong ride this year, as the road is open and everyone is going to want to ride over the new elevated road.

mikesbytes said:
There should be a big turnout on the gong ride this year, as the road is open and everyone is going to want to ride over the new elevated road.
That's right!!

so far I know 4 people around me wanna go for the Gong Ride for this year!

So when will it open for enrolment for this year?

Re: Gong Ride,

I'm interested in doing this this year and I'm wondering if there is usually a big turn out of MTB's.

Scottydont- sorry, couldnt help it- there is quite a turnout on MTB's. My little brother(hes 20) did it on my MTB a few years back. Just invest in some slicks, or semi slicks. You can pick up a pair for as little as 50 hard earned.

ScottyH said:
Re: Gong Ride,

I'm interested in doing this this year and I'm wondering if there is usually a big turn out of MTB's.
There were plenty out there on MTB's last year. You have got all day, so performance isn't that important.