Riding with a wallet?

RollinCurt

Nov 2, 2012
Hey everyone - first time in the forum but have been reading for a while. Wanted to ask about gear that you ride with - specifically to keep money/ID/insurance card.

For road cycling, I've always just kept a few cards in a binder clip, but recently bought a wallet called the CardNinja (thecardninja.com). It's been great so far - it just attached to my android, holds a bunch of cards and it all slips into my back jersey pocket.

Would love to hear your thoughts and see what other people have been doing. I just got sick of my old binder clip (and needed an excuse to get some new gear...).

Curt

My wallet has a little removable card/license holder, so I take that with my DL, a debit or credit card and some cash in it when I'm riding. Sometimes I put it in a Ziploc bag (usually only if I am on an organized ride and have a paper map/directions with me).

DL, a little cash and one CC.

I always wear my Road ID Bracelet. Don't worry about Insurance Info. If we have an issue where we need medical care, it is usually an Emergency situation un-fortunately.

Fair point on the insurance card. I would use the seat bag, however, I also bring my phone (for directions) and it doesn't fit, so I keep it all in my jersey.

I have a little zipper purse. It holds several credit cards, driver's license, folded bills, insurance card, and change.

I serves well for bicycling and everyday use.

Thanks for everyone's responses! How do I get a "Road ID" bracelet? (on second thought, I'll just google it, but thanks for the heads up)

Also, I figured a picture would be helpful - here's what I carry - it's actually my everyday wallet (which is attached to my phone and it includes CC, DL, cash, work ID...as well as my phone.)

I just didn't like having to transfer stuff to a separate wallet for rides - I forgot my credit card in my seat pack once (only to discover it missing while having to pay for lunch at work) - once was enough for me!

(Thanks for the responses everyone - I had replied early but I don't see my post so I'll re-type it)

"Look 566" - what's a Road ID bracelet? On second thought, I'll just google it :) (but thanks for the heads up).

"old guy" ziploc bag sounds useful but I've decided against transferring things back and forth (I left my credit card in my seat bag one time and only discovered it when I was trying to pay for a work dinner....)

Anywho - here's my new toy (I figured a picture would be better)

I put my cell phone (inside a padded case) and my wallet in my back pockets of my jersey. Or sometimes I put them in a I hip bag that I bought on ragbrai. I use the bag if it looks rainy, and then I also carry little sandwich bags to put the phone and wallet in in case it does starts raining.

Lew