Riding with prosthetics

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Nojunk, Jun 1, 2003.

  1. Nojunk

    Nojunk Guest

    I would like to hear from those with artificial joints, knees, hips, shoulders, etc. about your
    experiences with biking, particularly longer distances such as 50-100 miles, and longer. Any input
    would be appreciated.

    Thanks. Remove 'nospam' from the return address.

    Tags:

  2. Peter Cole

    Peter Cole Guest

    "nojunk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I would like to hear from those with artificial joints, knees, hips,
    shoulders,
    > etc. about your experiences with biking, particularly longer distances such
    as
    > 50-100 miles, and longer. Any input would be appreciated.

    A couple of guys in my club have had hip replacement (one a double), both in their late 50's. One of
    them rode a mountainous 750 mile event 8 months or so after surgery, the other supposedly recovered
    even faster.