Riding with prosthetics

Nojunk

Guest
I would like to hear from those with artificial joints, knees, hips, shoulders, etc. about your
experiences with biking, particularly longer distances such as 50-100 miles, and longer. Any input
would be appreciated.

Thanks. Remove 'nospam' from the return address.

"nojunk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I would like to hear from those with artificial joints, knees, hips,
shoulders,
> etc. about your experiences with biking, particularly longer distances such
as
> 50-100 miles, and longer. Any input would be appreciated.

A couple of guys in my club have had hip replacement (one a double), both in their late 50's. One of
them rode a mountainous 750 mile event 8 months or so after surgery, the other supposedly recovered
even faster.