Riding with the guys...

giddyupchik

Oct 23, 2007
So guys, how do you feel about a girl showing up to pretty much an all guys ride? It's a pretty hardcore 50k with mostly racers. I can hold my ground, and occasionally take a pull. Do you have a problem with a chick comin' out and hangin'?

Reactions: haleylx4
giddyupchik said:
So guys, how do you feel about a girl showing up to pretty much an all guys ride? It's a pretty hardcore 50k with mostly racers. I can hold my ground, and occasionally take a pull. Do you have a problem with a chick comin' out and hangin'?
I'd be really impressed. Also if your doing the pulling at the front, its me who gets the eye candy view.

Sounds like its time for you to upgrade to the 80 - 100k rides.

Now what was that ZZtop song "shes got legs and knows how to use them"

mikesbytes said:
I'd be really impressed. Also if your doing the pulling at the front, its me who gets the eye candy view.

What he said.

Can't think of a single reason why I'd be upset by it: you're a human; I'm a human. As far as I can tell, type and location of genitals has no effect on the quality of a ride.

alienator said:
Can't think of a single reason why I'd be upset by it: you're a human; I'm a human. As far as I can tell, type and location of genitals has no effect on the quality of a ride.
What if the genitals were located outside of the knicks or bibs???

alienator said:
Hah! Alright, thanks...so I'll keep showing up, glad to hear it

When they try to tell you that girls shouldnt ride with the boys, thats when you dop em and let them eat your dust!

Martin Williams said:
When they try to tell you that girls shouldnt ride with the boys, thats when you dop em and let them eat your dust!
No kidding! I'll have to try that one sometime. It feels so good to drop someone you don't agree with...but then I'll usually get reeled back into the pack...Oh well, nice try

mikesbytes said:

Alright, seriously?!? Eye candy view? I never thought a chik of any size in spandex was going to be the most attractive thing, but then maybe it's cuz i'm a girl

giddyupchik said:
Alright, seriously?!? Eye candy view? I never thought a chik of any size in spandex was going to be the most attractive thing, but then maybe it's cuz i'm a girl
Sarah Ulmer must distract a few Kiwi riders
Ulmer04.jpg

giddyupchik said:

Nothin wrong with the veiw!! Sorry, but boys will be boys, :cool:

Martin Williams said:
Lots of girls come out to the weekly ride, its always a good time and they do fine.
Hey Martin . . . . .

O-H . . . . .

Come on; help me out with the finish man! ;)

giddyupchik said:
Hahahahahahaha . . . .

The LBS boys invited me to an indoor trainer session with their race team last winter. I showed up and was the only chick there. I showed up just in the nick of time due to work constraints. They suspiciously saved a spot for me right front and center, in front of everyone. I said, not only no but hell no and made them all move their bikes up so I could be in the back of the pack. That way I could watch their gearing and cadence to see how I was doing in comparison. Oh, and not be on display for the entire hour. ;) Dang, I thought they invited me for my riding skills too.

Although I'm with you that bike shorts are the most unattractive apparel one could wear and would make even Charlize Theron look bad, men appear not to be as picky about our ensembles. So, yeah, I ride with the boys but assume they are not staring at the logos on the back of my jersey if I'm at the front of the line. ;) As such, although I will take my turns pulling, I hate it when riding with the boys. Besides, I can duck in behind the bigger boys and get more protection from the wind than they can from me. :cool:

It worked out great in one paceline I was in for a century ride because every time I took a pull someone got a flat. Well after 6 flats that way the group decided it was a bad omen for me to be at the front of the line and said I wasn't allowed to take a pull anymore. Worked out great for me. I got to coast off the back and didn't have to feel self-conscious that they were staring at my ass. :D Gee, maybe that's why all the flats occurred when I was at the front? Perhaps if they paid attention to the road instead?????? :eek:

At the end of the day, I suppose it's simply that guys would rather stare at any girl's ass than another guy's. Right boys?

giddyupchik said:
But when they are pedaling in front of you......thats a WHOLE different view.......:D:D:D

C'dale Girl said:
Hey Martin . . . . .

O-H . . . . .

Come on; help me out with the finish man! ;)
I-O Ma'am, I-O!!!!:cool:

are you around the Columbus area?

I have to say though, although the boys may be starrin at your butt sometimes, its not ALL we're watching when you ride.

I need to find a better way to phrase that... not good lol

Martin Williams said:
I-O Ma'am, I-O!!!!:cool:

are you around the Columbus area?

I have to say though, although the boys may be starrin at your butt sometimes, its not ALL we're watching when you ride.

I need to find a better way to phrase that... not good lol
Funny.

Yeah, I know, you're watching our gearing and cadence and such too because you're so afraid of being one up'd. ;)

Check your PMs.

C'dale Girl said:
Funny.

Yeah, I know, you're watching our gearing and cadence and such too because you're so afraid of being one up'd. ;)

Check your PMs.
Hey, just trying to not get dropped right? Concentrating on the uh... wheel ahead of me and trying to keep up!

C'dale Girl said:
The LBS boys invited me to an indoor trainer session ...They suspiciously saved a spot for me right front and center...I thought they invited me for my riding skills
They probably did invite you for your riding skill. The eye candy is a bonus.
C'dale Girl said:
Although I'm with you that bike shorts are the most unattractive apparel one could wear
Way too much thinking, either your hot or not
C'dale Girl said:
Besides, I can duck in behind the bigger boys and get more protection from the wind than they can from me. :cool:
Worth the extra effort of not getting as much wind protection
C'dale Girl said:
It worked out great in one paceline I was in for a century ride because every time I took a pull someone got a flat. Well after 6 flats that way the group decided it was a bad omen for me to be at the front of the line and said I wasn't allowed to take a pull anymore.
Is this a bit like how they use to say it was bad luck to have a woman on a ship?
C'dale Girl said:
At the end of the day, I suppose it's simply that guys would rather stare at any girl's ass than another guy's. Right boys?
Yip, you got that right:)

mikesbytes said:
They probably did invite you for your riding skill. The eye candy is a bonus.
Way too much thinking, either your hot or not
This is where we differ as a species. None of my female riding friends nor I think that men look good in lycra. Though, I have met some women on the cycling forums that seem to have a thing for the boys in lycra. Now, don't get me wrong. There are plenty of good looking men that ride bikes, but the whole lycra get up ain't doin' a thing for ya! In stark contrast, men seem to like just about any woman in lycra; different standards shall we say? :p

Is this a bit like how they use to say it was bad luck to have a woman on a ship?
Well, there were no more flats after I dropped off the front for good, so what does that tell us? And, for the record, not a single flat was my own. ;)