Ridley Bikes...

sevenrider310

Jan 20, 2004
Is anyone familiar with Ridley bikes...Damocles in particular? Saw one at LBS..great looking carbon frame..was wondering if anyone has ridden one.

MrBookmaker.com and Davitamon-Lotto (for 2005) team issue. Awesome bikes.

sevenrider310 said:
Is anyone familiar with Ridley bikes...Damocles in particular? Saw one at LBS..great looking carbon frame..was wondering if anyone has ridden one.

Unfortunatley, I haven't even seen one in person. :( The pics and specs look interesting though. Here in the U.S. they only have one certified dealer listed. We could certainly use all the variety we can get here.

The shop that I ride for just became a dealer for Ridley. I have riden the Damocles and I have nothing but great things to say about it. Very light weight, came in at 15lbs with DA components and Rolf Vigor wheels. I have also riden the Boreas which is alloy/carbon frame with the all new Ultegra 10 speed components. Outstanding!!! I'm thinking of going with the Excalibur myself which is about the same as the Damocles, and new Ultegra 10s which doesn't even come out until next year. I spent some time at Interbike two weeks ago which is one of the biggest bike conventions in the world, here in Las Vegas. Did alot of research and saw alot of new products. I really have my mind set on Ridley. Thought about going with Kuota but Ridley won out after riding one. Good luck! Hope this helps. Check their website:

http://www.ridley-bikes.com/pics/2005/cataloog/Untitled-2%20copy.jpg

The elite team of my club rides on Ridleys as well as several of our club members and they all rave about their bikes. I have test ridden an aluminum model but not the carbon model and compared very well with my Cannondale.

Good bike you would be well pleased.