Ridley bikes

rossoreduk

Oct 10, 2003
Hey I've just bought a Ridley bike and u know what? they do a custom paint job! If u can think of it they can make it.

I'm goin for a ROSSO ferrari red frame with Black decals! I'm hearing that Ridley riders have won some races too???

Anyone else has any experience with Ridley? I'm still awaiting my frame cos it takes 6/8 weeks to make. I'm kinda glad its takin so long cos i've been savin up now and i'm about to dress the frame in Record 2004 full carbon! Woohooo!!

The Frames are Columbus Airplane! Thats menta be awesome! The frame weighs a mere 1.20 KG. not bad for 600 quid huh?

Mmmm, well good luck. I bought a Ridley Crosswind cyclocross frame and have been very disappointed. Bad paintjob (rubbish masking on the fades and bubbles in the lacquer) and worse, incorrect frame alignment. Having cut the fork steerer column to length I had no option but to accept a replacement rather than a refund. I've yet to build this up so it may well ride superbly but I'd never buy another frame from them.

Oh dear that sounds bad. I wonder wether I should call them up now and demand that they make my frame with care? I've bought the Icarus frame simply cos the local team ride Ridley and they swear by it! Anyway I wont be cuttin the fork steerer till i've inspected the frame now!

They have 2004 stuff in now.....www.ridley-bikes.com

A wise move regarding the steerer.

A number of riders in my club also have Ridley cross bikes and, to be fair, the paint job is fine and they have no alignment problems. Perhaps I just had a rogue frame? I'm sure yours will be fine. The UK National Champion, Roger Hammond rode a Ridley to victory so they must be OK!

Enjoy your riding.