Ridley Fenix AL

chevmaro

Apr 2, 2014
Hey guys, been shopping around for a road bike. Have been riding a Hybrid for a while. I'm somewhat casual about 50-75 miles per week for exercise and fun. Currently riding an SE Racing Monterey 24. It's a fine bike for exercise but I am really hoping a road bike will get me further away from home during my workouts, faster average mph, cut through the wind a little better and easier to pedal up steeper hills.

Have been shopping a couple weeks. Have tried Specialized, GT, Fuji, Cannondale, Novara, Raleigh.

Have rode and sat on a lot of bikes. I am always in between sizes 54 or 56.

The Ridley Fenix AL fit the best of all. Most comfortable to me and felt fast. Out of all of them this bike was the one I didn't want to give back. Just wondering because I have never heard of this Ridley company if it is a reputable bike and would be a good purchase? They have a Tiagra version for $999 and a 105 version for $1250. Should I step up to the 105?

Ridley has been making fine bikes for around a decade, and if your dealer is an authorized Ridley dealer I would not hesitate to buy this bike.

I would trust my intuition and go with the ridley. Is it being sold through performance? If so, they have a lifetime guarantee, as a plus. The potential minus is that they don't necessarily have the most dedicated or skilled mechanics assembling bikes.

Both 105 and Tiagra are 10 speed: the question has more to do with your budget than with functionality. 105 will be a bit lighter, while tiagra will leave you with $250 extra to spend on accessories: shoes, clothes, helmet, lights, lock, etc.