Right Hand Front Brake Cable Routing

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by SLClimber, Aug 24, 2006.

1. SLClimber

SLClimber New Member

Guys, have any of you had your bike brakes reversed so that you have RHFB. If so did you experience any issues with the sharp curve you have from the right side of the handlebar to the right side of the brake. I've noticed that the gear cables shifter (for the front) chain rings goes across it and has now got a split in the housing right around the headstock. Has anyone else experience problems with the routing the cables? Does anyone have pictures of their cabling? What about cable housing any suggestions on something a little more flexible? I've no idea what the housing is but it's very plastic-ky and looks like it would be brittle.

Did people shorten the front brake cable when switching from the left hand to the right hand? I think that might help but I am not sure if it will impact some of the other cabling.... Thanks.

Tags:

2. HowardSteele

HowardSteele New Member

I take it is road bike you are asking about, I can only comment on my experience with MTB'S I always reverse my brake set up and i find the cable settles into the shape after a couple rides,I have never shortened the cable.
    It has always amused that they have never brought out the set up as a left or right alternetive.I stand corrected maybe they have ,but iv'e never seen any.