Right Shoulder pain . help

zaskar

Aug 3, 2003
I been riding some years and dealing with right shoulder pain on long rides. I notice I hunch my right shoulder and im sure this is the cause of the pain. I got fit but it just made other things hurt, I had more then one fit. I find the best way to fit myself is ride and make my own adjustments. Shoulder only thing that hurts. Anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking my right arm is extended more then my left, if so, whats the fix for that?

If both shoulders had pain I would point to the fit but just one makes me think something in your shoulder. Without riding with you to see your form this will be imposable to tell.

Only you know how much pain this is causing but I would see a sports doctor and get the real diagnosis instead of trusting some kid on a computer with my body.

I had some pain in one hand after a crash (and the pain wasn't due to the crash itself). Instead, one break hood had gotten bumped in the crash and was ever so slightly, nearly imperceptibly, angled inward. Fixed that, and problem solved. Perhaps you have some sort of physiological imbalance, such that moving just one break hood would fix your shoulder problem.

Yes, I've seen this shoulder pain thing before; and by what you describe it's pretty rare but unfortunately its severity happens, and it happens very painfully to the extent that it keeps you awake at night repositioning your pillow with your arm bent underneath...Right? (That's exactly right isn't it)

You probably have cancer of the prostate or testicles from improper seat positioning, whereby if you pull down your zipper with your right hand on bike trails to urinate, repeatedly doing so over and over again because you drink a lot of water, the symptomatic pain begins to insidiously migrate from the right shoulder and into your testicles like they did with Lance Armstrong until it finally became unbearable -- and like Lance Armstrong who couldn't keep it up even when his wife used to do dirty dances for him standing over his head, Lance began to discover his wife fooling around with other bicyclers and they ended up getting a divorce.

If I were you, I'd copy-paste this missive onto a MS-Word file, print it, and take it to your doctor right away so he/she can consult a good urologist and save your life.