Right side of heart enlarged?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Kev, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. Kev

    Kev Guest

    Heya,

    I just had an echo-cardiogram done b/c I have hypertension and tightness in my chest
    *sometimes*. I have also been asthmatic since I was ~8yrs old and I am 25 now.

    During the echo-cardiogram, the technician mentioned that the right side of my heart was
    "enlarged" and mentioned my asthma and asked if I had had an xray of my heart done. I will not
    know the results for a couple days, can anyone shed any light as to whether this is serious or
    potentially serious?

    I release all responses from any sort of liability.

    -K

    Tags:

  2. Hawki63

    Hawki63 Guest

    >Subject: Right side of heart enlarged?
    >From: [email protected] (Kev)
    >Date: 3/2/2004 7:55 AM Pacific Standard Time

    >During the echo-cardiogram, the technician mentioned that the

    key phrase "the technician" mentioned...

    please wait til you can discuss this with your cardiologist...

    hawki.....

  3. Kev wrote:

    > Heya,
    >
    > I just had an echo-cardiogram done b/c I have hypertension and tightness in my chest
    > *sometimes*. I have also been asthmatic since I was ~8yrs old and I am 25 now.
    >
    > During the echo-cardiogram, the technician mentioned that the right side of my heart was
    > "enlarged" and mentioned my asthma and asked if I had had an xray of my heart done. I will not
    > know the results for a couple days, can anyone shed any light as to whether this is serious or
    > potentially serious?

    It is not uncommon for folks with asthma to develop enlargement of their right ventricle especially
    if the asthma has been difficult to control.

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist