Right then...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Smudger, Feb 6, 2003.

  1. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    What sort of bicycle would Saddam Hussain ride?

    Tags:

  2. Ian Walker

    Ian Walker Guest

    >> What sort of bicycle would Saddam Hussain ride?
    >
    > One made out of reusable aluminium tubes?

    So THAT'S what 'oversize' tubing is all about...

    Ian Walker, Department of Psychology, University of Bath. Remove the yummy paste in my address to
    reply. Homepage: http://www.drianwalker.com

  3. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    > > What sort of bicycle would Saddam Hussain ride?
    >
    > One made out of reusable aluminium tubes?

    One with one of those nice Romulan cloaking devices would seem sensible at the moment. OK --
    increased risk of being run down by a Baghdad SMIDSY -- but less chance of an American missile up
    the jacksee

    :O

  4. W K

    W K Guest

    "Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Colin Blackburn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > What sort of bicycle would Saddam Hussain ride?
    > >
    > > One made out of reusable aluminium tubes?
    >

    > One with one of those nice Romulan cloaking devices would seem sensible at the moment. OK --
    > increased risk of being run down by a Baghdad SMIDSY -- but less chance of an American missile up
    > the jacksee

    An interesting concept. Imagine, the USofAs finest ride into Baghdad in there Hummers, and saddam is
    riding a fully lit bike in fluorescent clothing.

    He gets away with ease.

  5. CANNONDALE?

    "W K" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Colin Blackburn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > > >
    > > > One made out of reusable aluminium tubes?
    > >

    > > One with one of those nice Romulan cloaking devices would seem sensible
    at
    > > the moment. OK -- increased risk of being run down by a Baghdad
    SMIDSY --
    > > but less chance of an American missile up the jacksee
    >
    > An interesting concept. Imagine, the USofAs finest ride into Baghdad in there Hummers, and saddam
    is
    > riding a fully lit bike in fluorescent clothing.
    >
    > He gets away with ease.

  6. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > What sort of bicycle would Saddam Hussain ride?

    Can't help feeling a Saracen should come into it somewhere...for some reason..... I'll get me
    bike! Dave.

  7. David Nutter

    David Nutter Guest

    Smudger <[email protected]> said:
    > What sort of bicycle would Saddam Hussain ride?

    Probably an armour-plated rickshaw pedalled by hapless lackeys.

    Interestingly on Channel Four news a while back there was a piece on the weapons inspectors,
    featuring an Iraqi fruit magnate complaining about their heavy-handed tactics including breaking
    padlocks and knocking down walls with sledgehammers to see inside buildings.

    One of the buildings they broke into turned out to be the Compleat English Garden Shed, containing
    old plant pots, hosepipes, piles of newsprint, a rusting 3-speed and what looked like a Raleigh
    Chopper missing the front fork and wheel.

    Surreal.

    Regards,

    -david

  8. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

  9. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

  10. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    I think you dreamed that.

    "David Nutter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Smudger <[email protected]> said:
    > > What sort of bicycle would Saddam Hussain ride?
    >
    > Probably an armour-plated rickshaw pedalled by hapless lackeys.
    >
    > Interestingly on Channel Four news a while back there was a piece on the weapons inspectors,
    > featuring an Iraqi fruit magnate complaining about
    their
    > heavy-handed tactics including breaking padlocks and knocking down walls with sledgehammers to see
    > inside buildings.
    >
    > One of the buildings they broke into turned out to be the Compleat English Garden Shed, containing
    > old plant pots, hosepipes, piles of newsprint, a rusting 3-speed and what looked like a Raleigh
    > Chopper missing the front fork and wheel.
    >
    > Surreal.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > -david

  11. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    obviously a recumbent, he being a paid up member of the Dark Side),

    Thornbury UK (possibly he of camper van fame) shouted:

    > CANNONDALE?

    Ouch :)

    --
    Guy
    ===

  12. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > What's your bike made out of?

    I'm getting confused now...obviously not inhaled enough oxygen today...the carbon dioxides taking
    over..and particulates, in particular.....

    Saracen = anti christian Arabs sometime around the time of the crusades = see G. Bush's view of
    current affairs....

    in answer to your query on this post though -
    1. Chromoly (bdenum thingy)
    2. Steel
    3. Carbon fibre.

    Why ?....

    Dave
    <v.confused.

  13. Dave wrote:
    > "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> What's your bike made out of?
    >>
    > I'm getting confused now...obviously not inhaled enough oxygen today...the carbon dioxides taking
    > over..and particulates, in particular.....
    >
    > Saracen = anti christian Arabs sometime around the time of the crusades = see G. Bush's view of
    > current affairs....

    Funnily enough, Hussein does claim to be descended from Saladin.

    Oh, and while we're doing definitions, but rather OT: Crusader = anti christian westerners sometime
    around the time of the crusades

    And Hussein obviously uses a vehicle of mass destruction, not a bike.

  14. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 19:12:49 -0000, "Ambrose Nankivell" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> Saracen = anti christian Arabs sometime around the time of the crusades

    And an armoured car.

    >Funnily enough, Hussein does claim to be descended from Saladin.

    Also an armoured car :)

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  15. His kind drive BMWs.

    Smudger wrote:
    > What sort of bicycle would Saddam Hussain ride?

    --
    Cheers,

    Wallace Shackleton. Kinross, Scotland.

    www.cyclekinross.org.uk

  16. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > What sort of bicycle would Saddam Hussain ride?

    Not sure about the bike, but I think he used to ride for the Baath Road Club.

    --
    Dave...

  17. David Nutter

    David Nutter Guest

    [quoting adjusted]

    Smudger <[email protected]> said:
    > "David Nutter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >> One of the buildings they broke into turned out to be the Compleat English Garden Shed,
    >> containing old plant pots, hosepipes, piles of newsprint, a rusting 3-speed and what looked like
    >> a Raleigh Chopper missing the front fork and wheel.
    >
    > I think you dreamed that.

    Heh, possible I suppose. I'm pretty sure that my housemates were there and equally puzzled by the
    contents of this shed.

    Regards,

    -david