Right then...

>> What sort of bicycle would Saddam Hussain ride?
>
> One made out of reusable aluminium tubes?

So THAT'S what 'oversize' tubing is all about...

Ian Walker, Department of Psychology, University of Bath. Remove the yummy paste in my address to
reply. Homepage: http://www.drianwalker.com

"Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Colin Blackburn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > What sort of bicycle would Saddam Hussain ride?
> >
> > One made out of reusable aluminium tubes?
>

> One with one of those nice Romulan cloaking devices would seem sensible at the moment. OK --
> increased risk of being run down by a Baghdad SMIDSY -- but less chance of an American missile up
> the jacksee

An interesting concept. Imagine, the USofAs finest ride into Baghdad in there Hummers, and saddam is
riding a fully lit bike in fluorescent clothing.

He gets away with ease.

CANNONDALE?

Smudger <[email protected]> said:
> What sort of bicycle would Saddam Hussain ride?

Probably an armour-plated rickshaw pedalled by hapless lackeys.

Interestingly on Channel Four news a while back there was a piece on the weapons inspectors,
featuring an Iraqi fruit magnate complaining about their heavy-handed tactics including breaking
padlocks and knocking down walls with sledgehammers to see inside buildings.

One of the buildings they broke into turned out to be the Compleat English Garden Shed, containing
old plant pots, hosepipes, piles of newsprint, a rusting 3-speed and what looked like a Raleigh
Chopper missing the front fork and wheel.

Surreal.

Regards,

-david

I think you dreamed that.

"David Nutter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Smudger <[email protected]> said:
> > What sort of bicycle would Saddam Hussain ride?
>
> Probably an armour-plated rickshaw pedalled by hapless lackeys.
>
> Interestingly on Channel Four news a while back there was a piece on the weapons inspectors,
> featuring an Iraqi fruit magnate complaining about
their
> heavy-handed tactics including breaking padlocks and knocking down walls with sledgehammers to see
> inside buildings.
>
> One of the buildings they broke into turned out to be the Compleat English Garden Shed, containing
> old plant pots, hosepipes, piles of newsprint, a rusting 3-speed and what looked like a Raleigh
> Chopper missing the front fork and wheel.
>
> Surreal.
>
> Regards,
>
> -david

obviously a recumbent, he being a paid up member of the Dark Side),

Thornbury UK (possibly he of camper van fame) shouted:

> CANNONDALE?

Ouch :)

--
Guy
===

"Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> What's your bike made out of?

I'm getting confused now...obviously not inhaled enough oxygen today...the carbon dioxides taking
over..and particulates, in particular.....

Saracen = anti christian Arabs sometime around the time of the crusades = see G. Bush's view of
current affairs....

in answer to your query on this post though -
1. Chromoly (bdenum thingy)
2. Steel
3. Carbon fibre.

Why ?....

Dave
<v.confused.

Dave wrote:
> "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> What's your bike made out of?
>>
> I'm getting confused now...obviously not inhaled enough oxygen today...the carbon dioxides taking
> over..and particulates, in particular.....
>
> Saracen = anti christian Arabs sometime around the time of the crusades = see G. Bush's view of
> current affairs....

Funnily enough, Hussein does claim to be descended from Saladin.

Oh, and while we're doing definitions, but rather OT: Crusader = anti christian westerners sometime
around the time of the crusades

And Hussein obviously uses a vehicle of mass destruction, not a bike.

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 19:12:49 -0000, "Ambrose Nankivell" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Saracen = anti christian Arabs sometime around the time of the crusades

And an armoured car.

>Funnily enough, Hussein does claim to be descended from Saladin.

Also an armoured car :)

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

His kind drive BMWs.

Smudger wrote:
> What sort of bicycle would Saddam Hussain ride?

--
Cheers,

Wallace Shackleton. Kinross, Scotland.

www.cyclekinross.org.uk

[quoting adjusted]

Smudger <[email protected]> said:
> "David Nutter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> One of the buildings they broke into turned out to be the Compleat English Garden Shed,
>> containing old plant pots, hosepipes, piles of newsprint, a rusting 3-speed and what looked like
>> a Raleigh Chopper missing the front fork and wheel.
>
> I think you dreamed that.

Heh, possible I suppose. I'm pretty sure that my housemates were there and equally puzzled by the
contents of this shed.

Regards,

-david