rigid mtb fork with disk mount

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace' started by Alex Rodriguez, Aug 6, 2004.

  1. Is there such a thing as a rigid 1 1/8 MTB fork with disk brake mount?
    I'm putting together a MTB that will be ridden on the road and I don't
    want to waste money on a crappy suspension fork that will just weigh
    down the bike.
    -----------
    alex

    Tags:

  2. Marnu

    Marnu Guest

    >Subject: rigid mtb fork with disk mount
    >From: Alex Rodriguez [email protected]
    >Date: 8/6/2004 1:36 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >Is there such a thing as a rigid 1 1/8 MTB fork with disk brake mount?
    >I'm putting together a MTB that will be ridden on the road and I don't
    >want to waste money on a crappy suspension fork that will just weigh
    >down the bike.
    >-----------
    >alex

    I have a Project 2 rigid fork by Kona on a bike. At the time (about 3 yrs.
    ago) it was only available in canti., but was supposed to soon be available
    with a disc mount.

    Here's a link:

    http://64.78.59.47/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=KOS&Product_Code=KP
    T7DF&Category_Code=C

    If that doesn't work go to KonaWorld.com

    -- Shaw

  3. S R Sharp

    S R Sharp Guest

    Alex Rodriguez wrote:

    > Is there such a thing as a rigid 1 1/8 MTB fork with disk brake mount?
    > I'm putting together a MTB that will be ridden on the road and I don't
    > want to waste money on a crappy suspension fork that will just weigh
    > down the bike.
    > alex

    Surly, Dimension; probably others available. Expect to pay $50-100 for
    a new one. If you're interested I have a NIB Cannondale Fatty R from a
    tandem ("R" stands for rigid- it looks like a Super Fatty but with an
    1-1/8" steel steerer instead of a telescope). Matte black w/black
    decals. $150 + shippping, firm.

    email direct