Rigid Road Stem (Quill)?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Doug Smith, Jul 17, 2003.

  1. Doug Smith

    Doug Smith Guest

    I recently started riding my bike again after two years out of the saddle. In the meanwhile, I
    gained a little weight - too much fat, but also more upper body muscle mass from my other sport. The
    TTT stem I have now seems just a bit too flexy when I'm out of the saddle. Is there a nice, stiff
    quill type stem still available (eveything seems to be threadless anymore). What about Salsa's?

    Tags:

  2. Peter Cole

    Peter Cole Guest

    "Doug Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I recently started riding my bike again after two years out of the saddle. In the meanwhile, I
    > gained a little weight - too much fat, but also more upper body muscle mass from my other sport.
    > The TTT stem I have now seems just a bit too flexy when I'm out of the saddle. Is there a nice,
    > stiff quill type stem still available (eveything seems to be threadless anymore). What about
    > Salsa's?

    Nashbar has a Zoom welded quill stem on sale for $20. It's ugly, but stiff. Also has a removable
    faceplate.