Riis and his Amstel Gold win with SRM data published

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Chris M, Jan 25, 2006.

  1. Chris M

    Chris M Guest

    Riis was the first Tour winner to do so with the SRM device operating
    during his win. He won by breaking away from the group with IIRC a few
    hours to go. It made for very interesting reading.

    Does anyone know where I can find it these days? I had saved a copy of
    the *.gif from Velonews.com way back (it might have even been in print)
    in 1997 when he won. I can't find it (after moving 3 times since then).

    I would love to know where I can find it or any other top athletes
    preferably while racing. Long breaks or ITTs are best but anything is
    better than nothing. IIRC George H published a few *.HRM files (before
    power was even released by Polar) and that was interesting to see how
    well George was able to rest up between attacks and jumping across
    groups. He was able to get his heart rate below 100 several times late
    in the race and then won the sprint (from the front group). I think
    there was one other dude and it might have been Frankie. I have not
    seen anything since then except for the Alan Lim article in Cyclesport
    about 4 years ago and those were not very useful because I have no idea
    who, where and when any of that data was taken from (oh well).

    Have I missed anything that I should be able to find these days?

    TIA

    (It would be cool for any of you guys that have a device to publish
    files you can provide context for. IIRC someone published some Mt.
    Diablo training climbs. Like I said, better than nothing. I also need a
    Polar *.hrm with the power recording because I need the headers to
    manually integrate *.hrm files with power from another source. The
    header has a few required changes that are not obvious. There is a 9
    digit data string comprised of 0s and 1s and labeled "SMode". I think
    that indicates which data sets are being recorded. IOW each combination
    of Heart Rate, Cadence, Speed, Altitude and Power has a corresponding
    and discrete data string -> SMode=111000110 <-

    If anyone will publish the contents of an *HRM file up to the columns
    of each device (each row is a sample of data values taken at the
    interval rate also indicated in the header. I only need 1 row of each
    column to see the order they are in.

    Here is an example I have with everything but power recording and
    recording at 5 second intervals (plus each lap button).

    ----------------------------

    [Params]
    Version=106
    Monitor=12
    SMode=111000110
    Date=20020613
    StartTime=09:37:58.0
    Length=02:44:10.0
    Interval=5
    Upper1=172
    Lower1=118
    Upper2=159
    Lower2=81
    Upper3=170
    Lower3=130
    Timer1=00:00:00.0
    Timer2=00:00:00.0
    Timer3=00:00:00.0
    ActiveLimit=0
    MaxHR=190
    RestHR=52
    StartDelay=0
    VO2max=60
    Weight=77

    [Note]

    [IntTimes]
    00:02:38.9 116 100 114 127
    0 0 0 147 80 -45
    0 0 0 0 0
    0 599 0 660 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    00:06:57.1 116 116 122 130
    0 0 0 140 87 -45
    0 0 0 0 0
    0 1021 0 630 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    00:16:14.9 121 94 123 143
    0 0 0 149 81 -20
    0 0 0 0 0
    0 1848 0 660 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    00:38:23.6 131 101 125 136
    0 0 0 149 79 25
    0 0 0 0 0
    0 5910 0 690 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    00:56:19.8 130 112 139 164
    0 0 0 136 0 370
    0 0 0 0 0
    0 3728 0 670 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    00:56:37.0 113 113 122 128
    0 0 0 98 0 380
    0 0 0 0 0
    0 47 0 690 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    00:59:19.5 148 116 135 150
    0 0 0 46 39 440
    0 0 0 0 0
    8 264 0 690 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    01:08:01.0 172 146 167 173
    0 0 0 114 94 870
    0 0 0 0 0
    8 1250 0 670 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    01:09:25.0 171 169 171 173
    0 0 0 83 69 998
    0 0 0 0 0
    8 195 0 670 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    01:19:25.0 159 156 164 173
    0 0 0 53 42 1418
    0 0 0 0 0
    8 1109 0 670 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    01:24:25.0 166 152 164 173
    0 0 0 75 49 1638
    0 0 0 0 0
    8 552 0 670 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    01:25:04.9 168 166 167 168
    0 0 0 77 61 1595
    0 0 0 0 0
    8 74 0 700 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    01:28:02.5 174 161 167 175
    0 0 0 74 59 1740
    0 0 0 0 0
    0 323 0 700 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    01:28:45.0 169 169 172 175
    0 0 0 54 51 1828
    0 0 0 0 0
    0 77 0 700 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    01:29:25.0 158 156 164 169
    0 0 0 43 35 1853
    0 0 0 0 0
    8 44 0 700 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    01:35:25.3 153 140 152 159
    0 0 0 63 48 1975
    0 0 0 0 0
    512 552 0 640 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    01:35:48.5 151 151 152 154
    0 0 0 0 0 1985
    0 0 0 0 0
    0 13 0 630 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    01:53:51.2 118 104 132 152
    0 0 0 258 85 1130
    0 0 0 0 0
    0 5868 0 530 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    02:27:10.4 138 97 126 154
    0 0 0 169 82 -65
    0 0 0 0 0
    0 10285 0 710 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    02:36:27.1 139 124 139 156
    0 0 0 181 89 -65
    0 0 0 0 0
    0 3109 0 710 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    02:43:42.0 133 124 138 145
    0 0 0 153 81 -65
    0 0 0 0 0
    0 2453 0 730 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    02:44:25.1 0 130 132 133
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0
    0 82 0 730 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0

    [IntNotes]
    8 8:41
    9 10
    10 20:00
    11 25:00
    12 43.4' per minute
    15 30:00

    [ExtraData]

    [Summary-123]
    9465 0 90 8530 845 0
    200 172 118 52
    9465 0 90 8530 845 0
    200 159 81 52
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    200 171 118 52
    4 170
    183 319
    321 347
    355 475
    483 691
    698 1146
    1159 1440
    1446 1731
    1742 1965

    [Summary-TH]
    830 0 0 110 720 0
    200 170 130 52
    0 1969

    [HRZones]

    [SwapTimes]

    [Trip]

    [HRData]
    143 0 0 463
    143 0 0 463
    144 0 0 463
    142 0 0 463
    143 0 0 468
    140 0 0 468
    133 76 0 463
    130 95 0 463
    126 67 56 463

    ------------------------------

    In the header there is a time value specified, but will be modified by
    the Polar application according to the number of rows. As long as the
    header indicates more time than you have recirded, you won't lose any
    data. If you leave the watch recording by accident and you want to
    remove all of that blank space (totally annoying expecially when
    browsing the files from the Polar application) all you have to do is
    remove all of the rows that have "0" value all across for each column.

    Tags:

  2. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Chris M wrote:

    > I would love to know where I can find [Riis' Amstel Gold file] or any

    other top athletes

    http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/wattage/

    > I need the headers to
    > manually integrate *.hrm files with power from another source. The
    > header has a few required changes that are not obvious. There is a 9
    > digit data string comprised of 0s and 1s and labeled "SMode". I think
    > that indicates which data sets are being recorded. IOW each combination
    > of Heart Rate, Cadence, Speed, Altitude and Power has a corresponding
    > and discrete data string -> SMode=111000110 <-

    http://developer.polar.fi/developer.nsf/274B9D08AF06359BC2256DF60045B8CB/$FILE/Polar%20HRM2%20file%20format.pdf

  3. Chris M

    Chris M Guest

    Thanks Robert, great resource I didn't know about.