Rim profile

Wantagofast

Guest
This is posted in rbt as well.

I'm trying to decide whether to get the new Cane Creek 2003 21MM carbon road wheels or their
implementation of the Zipp 58MM (Zipp404) rims.

Trying to balance the aerodynamic benefit with usability for most road races.

See many of the euro pros riding on high profile rims in the 2002 TDF.

I race in Texas, so hills aren't as plentiful as wind is.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

someone-<< I'm trying to decide whether to get the new Cane Creek 2003 21MM carbon road wheels or
their implementation of the Zipp 58MM (Zipp404) rims.

Trying to balance the aerodynamic benefit with usability for most road races. >><BR><BR>

Why not find a good wheel builder, get some now Reynolds(formerly LEW) rims, a set of DA or Record
hubs and have the wheelbuilder build you a set??

<< I race in Texas, so hills aren't as plentiful as wind is.

Any suggestions? >><BR><BR>

See above-

Great suggestion!

Which rim profile would you recommend? 23MM or 46MM?