Rim tape for 406 wheels

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Avgrin, May 25, 2003.

  1. Avgrin

    Avgrin Guest

    B"H I had some pinch flats lately on 406 x 1.85 tires. The problem is that rim rubber bands don't
    protect spoke recesses. What would be the best rim tape for 406 x 1.85--2.00? Thank you.

    Tags:

  2. Paul Bruneau

    Paul Bruneau Guest

    avgrin wrote:
    > B"H I had some pinch flats lately on 406 x 1.85 tires. The problem is that rim rubber bands don't
    > protect spoke recesses. What would be the best rim tape for 406 x 1.85--2.00? Thank you.

    I don't know, but pinch flats aren't prevented by rim tape anyway, are they?

  3. Probably 'VELOX ' brand tape.

    This has always been my favorite.

    Lewis.

    [email protected] (avgrin) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > B"H I had some pinch flats lately on 406 x 1.85 tires. The problem is that rim rubber bands don't
    > protect spoke recesses. What would be the best rim tape for 406 x 1.85--2.00? Thank you.

  4. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    I do not know what kind it is but the Burley Canto I have came with a super cool blue tape. This blue tape is some of the toughest I have seen.

    Derek

  5. Paul Bruneau <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > avgrin wrote:
    > > B"H I had some pinch flats lately on 406 x 1.85 tires. The problem is that rim rubber bands
    > > don't protect spoke recesses. What would be the best rim tape for 406 x 1.85--2.00? Thank you.
    >
    > I don't know, but pinch flats aren't prevented by rim tape anyway, are they?

    Velox cloth tape is one of the best - use a wide version and trim to the length you need. Won't
    prevent pinch flats but at least you won't have to worry about spoke area punctures.

  6. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

    [email protected] (Larry Bloomfield) wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Velox cloth tape is one of the best - use a wide version and trim to the length you need. Won't
    > prevent pinch flats but at least you won't have to worry about spoke area punctures.

    Pedro's also works well & usually much less money.

    rorschandt

    --
    <A HREF="mailto:p[email protected][127.0.0.1]"

  7. Victor Kan

    Victor Kan Guest

    rorschandt wrote:
    > Pedro's also works well & usually much less money.

    Much less money?

    Velox is < $3/roll at the LBS. Even if Pedro's were free, that's only < $3 difference per wheel :).

    --
    I do not accept unsolicted commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE for legitimate replies.

  8. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

    Victor Kan <[email protected]_UCEloopdrive.net> -Nitpicked my previous post-
    postnews:[email protected]:

    > rorschandt wrote:
    >> Pedro's also works well & usually much less money.
    >
    > Much less money?
    >
    > Velox is < $3/roll at the LBS. Even if Pedro's were free, that's only < $3 difference per
    > wheel :).

    Percentage wise, it is usually half the price of velox.The last time I bought some it was 99 cents
    per roll. Cut me some slack, Jack.

    rorschandt
    --
    <A HREF="mailto:p[email protected][127.0.0.1]"