Rim tape for 406 wheels

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Avgrin, May 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avgrin

Avgrin Guest

B"H I had some pinch flats lately on 406 x 1.85 tires. The problem is that rim rubber bands don't
    protect spoke recesses. What would be the best rim tape for 406 x 1.85--2.00? Thank you.

Tags:

2. Paul Bruneau

Paul Bruneau Guest

avgrin wrote:
    > B"H I had some pinch flats lately on 406 x 1.85 tires. The problem is that rim rubber bands don't
    > protect spoke recesses. What would be the best rim tape for 406 x 1.85--2.00? Thank you.

I don't know, but pinch flats aren't prevented by rim tape anyway, are they?

3. Probably 'VELOX ' brand tape.

This has always been my favorite.

Lewis.

[email protected] (avgrin) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > B"H I had some pinch flats lately on 406 x 1.85 tires. The problem is that rim rubber bands don't
    > protect spoke recesses. What would be the best rim tape for 406 x 1.85--2.00? Thank you.

4. bentcruiser

bentcruiser New Member

I do not know what kind it is but the Burley Canto I have came with a super cool blue tape. This blue tape is some of the toughest I have seen.

Derek

5. Paul Bruneau <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > avgrin wrote:
    > > B"H I had some pinch flats lately on 406 x 1.85 tires. The problem is that rim rubber bands
    > > don't protect spoke recesses. What would be the best rim tape for 406 x 1.85--2.00? Thank you.
    >
    > I don't know, but pinch flats aren't prevented by rim tape anyway, are they?

Velox cloth tape is one of the best - use a wide version and trim to the length you need. Won't
    prevent pinch flats but at least you won't have to worry about spoke area punctures.

6. Rorschandt

Rorschandt Guest

[email protected] (Larry Bloomfield) wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

>
    > Velox cloth tape is one of the best - use a wide version and trim to the length you need. Won't
    > prevent pinch flats but at least you won't have to worry about spoke area punctures.

Pedro's also works well & usually much less money.

rorschandt

--
    <A HREF="mailto:p[email protected][127.0.0.1]"

7. Victor Kan

Victor Kan Guest

rorschandt wrote:
    > Pedro's also works well & usually much less money.

Much less money?

Velox is < $3/roll at the LBS. Even if Pedro's were free, that's only < $3 difference per wheel :).

--
    I do not accept unsolicted commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE for legitimate replies.

8. Rorschandt

Rorschandt Guest

Victor Kan <[email protected]_UCEloopdrive.net> -Nitpicked my previous post-
    postnews:[email protected]:

> rorschandt wrote:
    >> Pedro's also works well & usually much less money.
    >
    > Much less money?
    >
    > Velox is < $3/roll at the LBS. Even if Pedro's were free, that's only < $3 difference per
    > wheel :).
    >

Percentage wise, it is usually half the price of velox.The last time I bought some it was 99 cents
    per roll. Cut me some slack, Jack.

rorschandt
    --
    <A HREF="mailto:p[email protected][127.0.0.1]"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.