Rim wear

"Eric Holeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Bill Putnam
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I don't understand your meaning. Andy brought up a good point based on his experience-that being
> >to be cautious using older rims with modern highly dished wheels.
>
> What exactly was it about old rims that make them a bad idea on such wheels?

IME they're not built strong enough to deal with the uneven spoke tension. I've built a few wheels
with lightweight rims that were just problem children.

The one wheel that I have right now doing fine is built on a GL330 is an Am Classic first gen
freehub with the narrower flanges.

Mike