rims

slowfoot

Jan 18, 2008
powertaps frequently are mounted on DT swiss or mavic open rims.

i am considering buying a used unit. should i be concerned with either of these rims and their durability?

thanks

dave

slowfoot said:

i am considering buying a used unit. should i be concerned with either of these rims and their durability?

thanks

dave

Dt RR 1.1 double eyelet rims are great rims(available in 32 hole only).

I would choose Velocity or Mavic CXP-33. OpenPros have issues that place them at the bottom of my list on rim choices.

slowfoot said:

thanks

dave

Be sure to check depth of the wear indicator groove on braking surface to make sure the rim isn't worn out or nearly so. Also look for any other obvious indications of damage or excessive wear.

Why buy used, when you can get this deal at CompetitiveCyclist.com?

2009 Cycleops Power Tap Comp/DT RR 1.1 Complete Wheel - $659.99

2009 Cycleops Power Tap Comp/DT RR 1.1 Complete Wheel - Competitive Cyclist

Peter@vecchios said:
I would choose Velocity or Mavic CXP-33. OpenPros have issues that place them at the bottom of my list on rim choices.
I've got a bazillion wheels laced with MAVIC rims because they are just easier to source, BUT that is also why I have frequently recommended that people try to locate some AMBROSIO rims (at least one model is available under the "Colnago" label, so if you have a Colnago dealer near you, you can consider/buy/try the Colnago rims) ...