Ring NSV

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Erin Marsh, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Erin Marsh

    Erin Marsh Guest

    I have a little heart shaped signet ring that I bought when my son died that I've been wearing on
    the fourth finger of my right hand. It's been getting looser and looser over the last few months and
    today I discovered that it now fits very nicely on my middle finger. Yay, no having to pay way too
    much money to get it resized ;-)

    My wedding rings on the other hand....
    --
    Erin in NZ
    125/90/75 kgs

    RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

    "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

    Tags:

  2. Great NSV, Erin! It sure is nice when you have such a visible sign of the loss. And now you have an
    "anchor" to remind you to stay on program just by touching that ring. Elaine K

    Erin Marsh wrote:

    >I have a little heart shaped signet ring that I bought when my son died that I've been wearing on
    >the fourth finger of my right hand. It's been getting looser and looser over the last few months
    >and today I discovered that it now fits very nicely on my middle finger. Yay, no having to pay way
    >too much money to get it resized ;-)
    >
    >My wedding rings on the other hand....

  3. I love what Elaine said about using your ring as a touchstone to help you stay focused on your
    program. You deserve good health, Erin. Keep going...

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:04:45 +1300, Erin Marsh <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I have a little heart shaped signet ring that I bought when my son died that I've been wearing on
    >the fourth finger of my right hand. It's been getting looser and looser over the last few months
    >and today I discovered that it now fits very nicely on my middle finger. Yay, no having to pay way
    >too much money to get it resized ;-)
    >
    >My wedding rings on the other hand....

    Prairie Roots
    232/163.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  4. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Erin Marsh wrote:
    > I have a little heart shaped signet ring that I bought when my son died that I've been wearing on
    > the fourth finger of my right hand. It's been getting looser and looser over the last few months
    > and today I discovered that it now fits very nicely on my middle finger. Yay, no having to pay way
    > too much money to get it resized ;-)
    >
    > My wedding rings on the other hand....

    Erin:

    Congrats on your rings getting looser!! I'm sorry about your son.

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/205/155 RAFL 210.5/205/198.5

  5. That is a sweet NSV, Lee
    Erin Marsh <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a little heart shaped signet ring that I bought when my son died that I've been wearing on
    > the fourth finger of my right hand. It's been getting looser and looser over the last few months
    > and today I discovered that it now fits very nicely on my middle finger. Yay, no having to pay way
    > too much money to get it resized ;-)
    >
    > My wedding rings on the other hand....
    > --
    > Erin in NZ
    > 125/90/75 kgs
    > 275.3/198.2/165 lbs
    >
    > RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)
    >
    > "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

  6. Erin Marsh

    Erin Marsh Guest

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 02:29:45 GMT, Elaine Kirkham <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Great NSV, Erin! It sure is nice when you have such a visible sign of the loss. And now you have an
    >"anchor" to remind you to stay on program just by touching that ring.

    Thanks Elaine. It feels nice not to have it slipping around anymore so that's good incentive not to
    put weight on. I don't want to go back to that awkward in between stage.

    --
    Erin in NZ
    125/90/75 kgs
    125.90/1.1/165 lbs

    RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

    "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

  7. Erin Marsh

    Erin Marsh Guest

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 07:08:12 -0500, Connie
    <[email protected]_primus.ca> wrote:

    >Erin:
    >
    >Congrats on your rings getting looser!! I'm sorry about your son.

    Thanks Connie :)

    --
    Erin in NZ
    125/90/75 kgs
    125.90/1.1/165 lbs

    RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

    "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

  8. Erin Marsh

    Erin Marsh Guest

    On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 21:15:15 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I love what Elaine said about using your ring as a touchstone to help you stay focused on your
    >program. You deserve good health, Erin. Keep going...

    Thanks PR. I'm struggling but I'll get there. DH said this morning that he wants to work out a
    schedule so that I can get out walking again. That should help.

    --
    Erin in NZ
    125/90/75 kgs
    125.90/1.1/165 lbs

    RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

    "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

  9. Erin Marsh

    Erin Marsh Guest

    On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:42:56 -0600, "Miss Violette"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >That is a sweet NSV, Lee

    Thanks Lee :)