Rings for Shimano 105 triple?

Garry Kennedy

Guest
Hi,

I have a shimano 105 triple with 30/39/50 rings and a 14-25 block - i want
to keep that block for the close ratios, but i want bigger gears on the
middle and outside ring - does anyone know if shimano 42/52 (or 53) rings
are available for the 105 triple? .... My local bike shops (in Dublin) are
drawing blanks ...

Many thanks

garry

"Garry Kennedy" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Hi,
>
> I have a shimano 105 triple with 30/39/50 rings and a 14-25 block - i
> want to keep that block for the close ratios, but i want bigger gears
> on the middle and outside ring - does anyone know if shimano 42/52 (or
> 53) rings are available for the 105 triple? .... My local bike shops
> (in Dublin) are drawing blanks ...
>
> Many thanks
>
> garry

I use a 30/42/53. If your LBS can't manage it try these.

http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/default.asp

Dave

Garry Kennedy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a shimano 105 triple with 30/39/50 rings and a 14-25 block - i
> want to keep that block for the close ratios, but i want bigger gears
> on the middle and outside ring - does anyone know if shimano 42/52
> (or 53) rings are available for the 105 triple? .... My local bike
> shops (in Dublin) are drawing blanks ...

"Double" 130mm rings will fit your triple. Compatible Stronglight and TA
rings are available cheaply from www.settlecycles.co.uk/shop . Your LBS
should know about these as well. TA's are top quality.

If you do want a middle-specific ring for best shifting, you can get TA
middle rings from www.dotbike.com

~PB