RIP: June Carter Cash

Bill Wheeler

Guest
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A61208-2003May15.html

The only thing I ever liked about Country Music was Johnny Cash.

Nobody and I mean nobody could ever pull off NIN's Hurt the way he
did.

I hope he gets by.....truely a sad time.

RIP June, thanks for Ring Of Fire. Hands down my personal favorite.

Peace Johnny, peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector,
that is, the mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
:-]

> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A61208-2003May15.html
>
> The only thing I ever liked about Country Music was Johnny Cash.

The Man in Black is the best there is. Folsom Prison Blues, Ring of Fire, Boy Named Sioux, etc, etc.
There will never be another like him.

> Nobody and I mean nobody could ever pull off NIN's Hurt the way he
> did.

I didn't know about that one! Hope I can find it on Kazaa...

> I hope he gets by.....truely a sad time.

He's a tough one - he'll hang in there.

> RIP June, thanks for Ring Of Fire. Hands down my personal favorite.

One of the best songs ever.

> Peace Johnny, peace,

Long may he reign.

Barry

"B. Sanders" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Vo9xa.609117$OV.571793@rwcrnsc54...
> "Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A61208-2003May15.html
> >
> > The only thing I ever liked about Country Music was Johnny Cash.
>
> The Man in Black is the best there is. Folsom Prison Blues, Ring of Fire, Boy Named Sioux, etc,
> etc. There will never be another like him.

"Boy Named Sioux" was the Buffy Sainte-Marie version.

"B. Sanders" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<Vo9xa.609117$OV.571793@rwcrnsc54>...
> "Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A61208-2003May15.html
> >
> > The only thing I ever liked about Country Music was Johnny Cash.
>
> The Man in Black is the best there is. Folsom Prison Blues, Ring of Fire, Boy Named Sioux, etc,
> etc. There will never be another like him.
>
> > Nobody and I mean nobody could ever pull off NIN's Hurt the way he
> > did.
>
> I didn't know about that one! Hope I can find it on Kazaa...
>
> > I hope he gets by.....truely a sad time.
>
> He's a tough one - he'll hang in there.
>
> > RIP June, thanks for Ring Of Fire. Hands down my personal favorite.
>
> One of the best songs ever.
>
> > Peace Johnny, peace,
>
> Long may he reign.
>
> Barry

We'll miss her. Can't help but think of her belting out "I'm goin to Jackson" in her unique growly
style with her hubby. Quite a lady.

Paladin