RIP: June Carter Cash

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bill Wheeler, May 15, 2003.

  1. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A61208-2003May15.html

    The only thing I ever liked about Country Music was Johnny Cash.

    Nobody and I mean nobody could ever pull off NIN's Hurt the way he
    did.

    I hope he gets by.....truely a sad time.

    RIP June, thanks for Ring Of Fire. Hands down my personal favorite.

    Peace Johnny, peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector,
    that is, the mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    :-]

    Tags:

  2. B. Sanders

    B. Sanders Guest

    > http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A61208-2003May15.html
    >
    > The only thing I ever liked about Country Music was Johnny Cash.

    The Man in Black is the best there is. Folsom Prison Blues, Ring of Fire, Boy Named Sioux, etc, etc.
    There will never be another like him.

    > Nobody and I mean nobody could ever pull off NIN's Hurt the way he
    > did.

    I didn't know about that one! Hope I can find it on Kazaa...

    > I hope he gets by.....truely a sad time.

    He's a tough one - he'll hang in there.

    > RIP June, thanks for Ring Of Fire. Hands down my personal favorite.

    One of the best songs ever.

    > Peace Johnny, peace,

    Long may he reign.

    Barry

  3. Tsheer

    Tsheer Guest

    "B. Sanders" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A61208-2003May15.html
    > >
    > > The only thing I ever liked about Country Music was Johnny Cash.
    >
    > The Man in Black is the best there is. Folsom Prison Blues, Ring of Fire, Boy Named Sioux, etc,
    > etc. There will never be another like him.

    "Boy Named Sioux" was the Buffy Sainte-Marie version.

  4. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    "B. Sanders" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A61208-2003May15.html
    > >
    > > The only thing I ever liked about Country Music was Johnny Cash.
    >
    > The Man in Black is the best there is. Folsom Prison Blues, Ring of Fire, Boy Named Sioux, etc,
    > etc. There will never be another like him.
    >
    > > Nobody and I mean nobody could ever pull off NIN's Hurt the way he
    > > did.
    >
    > I didn't know about that one! Hope I can find it on Kazaa...
    >
    > > I hope he gets by.....truely a sad time.
    >
    > He's a tough one - he'll hang in there.
    >
    > > RIP June, thanks for Ring Of Fire. Hands down my personal favorite.
    >
    > One of the best songs ever.
    >
    > > Peace Johnny, peace,
    >
    > Long may he reign.
    >
    > Barry

    We'll miss her. Can't help but think of her belting out "I'm goin to Jackson" in her unique growly
    style with her hubby. Quite a lady.

    Paladin