Ripped Off on Some Watches

JTE83

Jan 28, 2004
I bought these 3 watches off the internet -

http://www.mvwatches.org/rolex-daytona-chronograph-asia-valjoux-7750-movement-gray-dial-s-s-2009-new-release-version-25718.html http://www.mvwatches.org/rolex-daytona-working-chronograph-with-mop-dial-roman-marking-25659.html http://www.mvwatches.org/breitling-navitimer-bl114-28259.html
The first $295 Rolex watch was a dissapointment; it didn't have a satin finish trim ring like in it's web pic, - it was polished metal. The 2nd Roman Letter Rolex watch - they sent me the wrong one and it didn't have Roman Lettering. See the pics and compare. The Breitling watch was ok but they didn't state it was a wind up watch, and it often runs out stopping time.

So I emailed mvwatches for a refund and they have been ignoring me. I asked them for a return shipping address and they refused to reply to my emails. I sent 2 emails so far. I think they are stalling for me to past their 14 day return policy so they can screw me.

So if ever you want a replica watch, don't buy from these guys. They post internet pics of nice watches but what you actually get is way different.

As a collector of wristwatches, I feel your pain.
I've purchased several replicas in the past and, with the exception of one, all have been disappointments.

Thanks for info on from whom not to buy, but I'd suggest avoiding replicas altogether. For what you paid on these, you can get some very nice watches off eBay that will have genuine Swiss automatic movements. Most importantly, you'll be protected with eBay's Buyer Protection should something not be on the up-and-up with the watch.

If you really like the replica market, suggest you find a site that uses an escrow type set-up for payment. I've used DHGATE.com in the past for replica watches, and they'll release the paid funds to the seller only after you've left positive feedback on the purchase.

Something else to consider with replicas is that once you purchase, you're stuck with it. Should you ever want to sell it, NOBODY will be willing to pay anything near what you paid for that replica. IOW, resale value is zilch...

Hey tony, is it possible to sell the replica Rolexes on ebay? Or does ebay consider it counterfeit goods and will remove the listing?

Yeah, I don't feel like buying any replica watches from anywhere else anymore. But my 2 Chanel J12 replicas were fine. The Greenhills Mall in Manila Philippines sells a lot of replica watches and purses. It's better to buy a replica watch from there where you see the item in person.

What places did you buy replica watches that were no good too?

You can sell them on eBay but you will not be able to use the trademarked names (i.e. Chanel, Rolex, Breitling, etc...) in your ad, and you will have to 'erase' the trademarked name from the watch when you post a photo of the item. Make sure you indicate the watch is a replica (there are some creative ways sellers do this on eBay) in big, bold type so as to make sure no one is confused as to what they're purchasing. eBay has evolved and is now very buyer friendly, and much more often than not the buyer will prevail in a dispute pertaining to an item received not being as described.

The disappointing replica watches I purchased were indeed from DHGATE. I didn't bother filing a claim against the sellers because of anything they did or didn't do - the simple fact is that I'm a perfectionist and the replicas weren't as perfect renditions of the originals as I expected even though I paid a fraction of the cost. There were no glaring mistakes made with the appearance of the watches, so I just sucked it up and went on with life. The fakes are decent quality, but I'll only wear them if I'm working or doing something where I may damage one of my good watches.

I purchased the fakes early on in my watch collecting and as I mentioned previously, I won't be purchasing any replicas in the future. In addition to the very, very poor resale value, the movements you get in the fakes are relatively short lasting. I have nothing against quality Chinese merchandise, but the watch movements put into 99% of fakes are low quality Chinese, mass produced movements that might last a year of regular use - more likely much less - and keep very poor time. YMMV...

I know of some replica sites that will put a genuine Swiss movement into the replica case, but at the end of the day it's still a fake with very poor resale value...

If you paid with plastic and they keep ignoring you, contact your card issuer and dispute the charge, save copies of all e-mails you send them as well. They'll serve as evidence so your card issuer can do a chargeback against them and you'll get your money back.

I do buy $10 digital watches from anywhere too, including Walmart. My favorite watches are digital watches because they light up at night with a push of a button so I can tell time while in bed. So I'm happy with that $10 Armitron.

But those fake Rolexes on their web page looked so good, so that's why I bought them. I can't afford a real Rolex so I try replicas but I guess I will never buy another replica watch off the internet.

I contacted my Chase Freedom Visa card and they are now gonna handle the matter with this ripoff Chinese company. They told me they would mail me paperwork and they might possibly write off my $560 charge for the watches. I complained to them that the seller was not responding to my emails for a refund and they were inadvertantly ripping me off. So my credit card company provides ripoff protection.

JTE83 said:
I contacted my Chase Freedom Visa card and they are now gonna handle the matter with this ripoff Chinese company. They told me they would mail me paperwork and they might possibly write off my $560 charge for the watches. I complained to them that the seller was not responding to my emails for a refund and they were inadvertantly ripping me off. So my credit card company provides ripoff protection.
Your card issuer most likely won't eat the charge - when they re-credit your account, they'll also reverse the payment that they made to the merchant so they won't lose anything. This is called a chargeback, it's a very powerful weapon the credit card companies have against shady merchants.

Originally Posted by JTE83 .

I bought these 3 watches off the internet -

http://www.mvwatches.org/rolex-daytona-chronograph-asia-valjoux-7750-movement-gray-dial-s-s-2009-new-release-version-25718.html http://www.mvwatches.org/rolex-daytona-working-chronograph-with-mop-dial-roman-marking-25659.html http://www.mvwatches.org/breitling-navitimer-bl114-28259.html
The first $295 Rolex watch was a dissapointment; it didn't have a satin finish trim ring like in it's web pic, - it was polished metal. The 2nd Roman Letter Rolex watch - they sent me the wrong one and it didn't have Roman Lettering. See the pics and compare. The Breitling watch was ok but they didn't state it was a wind up watch, and it often runs out stopping time.

So I emailed mvwatches for a refund and they have been ignoring me. I asked them for a return shipping address and they refused to reply to my emails. I sent 2 emails so far. I think they are stalling for me to past their 14 day return policy so they can screw me.

So if ever you want a replica watch, don't buy from these guys. They post internet pics of nice watches but what you actually get is way different.

Can you post a better pic of the knock off Rolex Daytona with the white face?