Risk assymmetry

Pete Biggs wrote:

> A handful of cyclists die on London's roads. Chemical weapons could kill
> thousands. I have a feeling it won't come to that but who knows? No one
> does. I think the public's fear can be excused at least until the
> situation settles down and we have a better idea of what is going on.

Its easy to inflate the risks. How many chemical weapons attacks have
there been in the history of terrorism of this type? The Tokyo subway
is the only example I can recall and there deaths were very limited. The
biological anthrax attacks in the US also had limited loss of life.
Bhopal and Seveso have been far more devastating.

--
Tony

Anon

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> I submit that on or about Sat, 23 Jul 2005 09:45:42 +0100, the person
> known to the court as Tony Raven <[email protected]> made a
> statement (<[email protected]> in Your Honour's bundle) to
> the following effect:
>
>> With all these bombings and checkings in I was just musing at our own
>> risk assymmetry. We take offence at cycling being seen and
>> portrayed as a uniquely dangerous activity and yet we are all
>> worrying about the much lower risk of getting caught in a terrorist
>> bombing.

> For some values of all. My (occasional) travel in London has not
> changed at all: I still take the Brompton Express from Paddingtown to
> St Mary Axe.

Wot Guy said. I have not used PT since 7/7, but that's because I haven't
needed to.

Dead journalists make excellent objets d'art.