[Risotto] with spinach (Photo).

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Pandora, Jul 24, 2005.

  1. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    This morning I made RISOTTO AGLI SPINACI.
    (Very simple to do)
    here is the photos:

    http://tinypic.com/9ar583.jpg
    http://tinypic.com/9ar603.jpg

    Recipe for 2 persons:
    200 grammes of yellow rice (I use riso Flora);
    25 grammes of butter
    3 teaspoons of EVOO;
    1 onion chopped
    3 cubes of frozen spinach;
    1.5 litres of hot broth;
    3 teaspoons of salt
    1 tea spoon of white pepper
    1 dusting of nutmeg
    30 grammes of Reggiano (I put a cheese called "Castelmagno");
    -----------------------
    Boil the spinach and when cold, squash and mince them.
    Put on the fire a pot with broth and when it is hot turn off the fire.
    In a large frying pan put oil and butter. When the butter is liquefied put
    the onion and when this one become trasparent and soft add the spinach. Mix
    and season with salt, pepper and the nutmeg, then add the rice.
    Mix with a wood spoon adding few broth little by little (when broth is
    absorbed from the rice you add another ladle).
    Continue to mix till the rice is ready (about 15 minutes).
    At the end turn off the fire, put the grated cheese and mix again.
    Your Risotto agli spinaci is ready. Very good if you like vegetables!
    Have a nice meal
    Pandora

    Tags:

  2. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:qtNEe.2993$2U1.3233[email protected]:

    > This morning I made RISOTTO AGLI SPINACI.
    > (Very simple to do)
    > here is the photos:
    >
    > http://tinypic.com/9ar583.jpg
    > http://tinypic.com/9ar603.jpg
    >
    > Recipe for 2 persons:
    > 200 grammes of yellow rice (I use riso Flora);
    > 25 grammes of butter
    > 3 teaspoons of EVOO;
    > 1 onion chopped
    > 3 cubes of frozen spinach;
    > 1.5 litres of hot broth;
    > 3 teaspoons of salt
    > 1 tea spoon of white pepper
    > 1 dusting of nutmeg
    > 30 grammes of Reggiano (I put a cheese called "Castelmagno");
    > -----------------------
    > Boil the spinach and when cold, squash and mince them.
    > Put on the fire a pot with broth and when it is hot turn off the fire.
    > In a large frying pan put oil and butter. When the butter is liquefied
    > put the onion and when this one become trasparent and soft add the
    > spinach. Mix and season with salt, pepper and the nutmeg, then add the
    > rice. Mix with a wood spoon adding few broth little by little (when
    > broth is absorbed from the rice you add another ladle).
    > Continue to mix till the rice is ready (about 15 minutes).
    > At the end turn off the fire, put the grated cheese and mix again.
    > Your Risotto agli spinaci is ready. Very good if you like vegetables!
    > Have a nice meal
    > Pandora

    Looks wonderful Pandora. Your kitchen wallpaper reminds me of mine and I
    hate my kitchen ;)

    Michael /// ducking and running

  3. MG

    MG Guest

    snipped...

    > Looks wonderful Pandora. Your kitchen wallpaper reminds me of mine and I
    > hate my kitchen ;)
    >
    > Michael /// ducking and running

    I'd say they were tiles

  4. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "MG" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]
    > snipped...
    >
    >> Looks wonderful Pandora. Your kitchen wallpaper reminds me of mine and I
    >> hate my kitchen ;)

    I haven't chosen it! I found it when I came in this house :((
    Cheers
    Pandora

  5. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    > "MG" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > news:[email protected]
    >> snipped...
    >>
    >>> Looks wonderful Pandora. Your kitchen wallpaper reminds me of mine and
    >>> hate my kitchen ;)

    I forgot to say: I also hate it :)))
    Pandora

  6. Dog3 wrote:
    > "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >

    >>This morning I made RISOTTO AGLI SPINACI.
    >>(Very simple to do)
    >>here is the photos:
    >>
    >>http://tinypic.com/9ar583.jpg
    >>http://tinypic.com/9ar603.jpg
    >>
    >>Recipe for 2 persons:

    Snipped

    > Looks wonderful Pandora. Your kitchen wallpaper reminds me of mine and I
    > hate my kitchen ;)
    >
    > Michael /// ducking and running

    To me, it looks as they were very pretty ceramic tiles. I do not
    think it is wallpaper. Pandora, which is it?

  7. Debbie

    Debbie Guest

    Pandora wrote:
    >> This morning I made RISOTTO AGLI SPINACI.
    >> (Very simple to do)
    >> here is the photos:
    >>
    >> http://tinypic.com/9ar583.jpg
    >> http://tinypic.com/9ar603.jpg
    >>
    >> Recipe for 2 persons:
    >> 200 grammes of yellow rice (I use riso Flora);
    >> 25 grammes of butter
    >> 3 teaspoons of EVOO;
    >> 1 onion chopped
    >> 3 cubes of frozen spinach;
    >> 1.5 litres of hot broth;
    >> 3 teaspoons of salt
    >> 1 tea spoon of white pepper
    >> 1 dusting of nutmeg
    >> 30 grammes of Reggiano (I put a cheese called "Castelmagno");
    >> -----------------------
    >> Boil the spinach and when cold, squash and mince them.
    >> Put on the fire a pot with broth and when it is hot turn off the
    >> fire.
    >> In a large frying pan put oil and butter. When the butter is
    >> liquefied put the onion and when this one become trasparent and soft
    >> add the spinach. Mix and season with salt, pepper and the nutmeg,
    >> then add the rice.
    >> Mix with a wood spoon adding few broth little by little (when broth
    >> is absorbed from the rice you add another ladle).
    >> Continue to mix till the rice is ready (about 15 minutes).
    >> At the end turn off the fire, put the grated cheese and mix again.
    >> Your Risotto agli spinaci is ready. Very good if you like vegetables!

    My first impression on reading this recipe was to hold off on boiling the
    spinach. I was thinking about chopping it and then adding it at the end.
    The heat from the rice would wilt it. I was thinking flavour wise and it
    would pack more of a punch and the colour may be more brilliant as well.
    Have you tried that?

    Debbie

  8. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    >> "MG" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>> snipped...

    > I forgot to say: I also hate it :)))
    > Pandora

    I don't think it is so bad -- it is the ambience of an Italian countyr-style
    kitchen, is it not?
    Also ducking and running,
    Dee Dee

  9. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "Margaret Suran" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]

    > Dog3 wrote:
    >> "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in
    >> news:[email protected]:
    >>>This morning I made RISOTTO AGLI SPINACI.
    >>>(Very simple to do)
    >>>here is the photos:
    >>>
    >>>http://tinypic.com/9ar583.jpg
    >>>http://tinypic.com/9ar603.jpg
    >>>
    >>>Recipe for 2 persons:

    > Snipped
    >>
    >> Looks wonderful Pandora. Your kitchen wallpaper reminds me of mine and I
    >> hate my kitchen ;)
    >>
    >> Michael /// ducking and running

    > To me, it looks as they were very pretty ceramic tiles. I do not think it
    > is wallpaper. Pandora, which is it?

    It is ceramic. But now is a little out of fashion because it is years '70.
    Now, ceramic tiles are smaller and very beautiful, I should broken my
    kitchen and put others. In the future i will see... :)
    cheers
    Pandora

  10. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "Debbie" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]
    > Pandora wrote:
    >>> This morning I made RISOTTO AGLI SPINACI.
    >>> (Very simple to do)
    >>> here is the photos:
    >>>
    >>> http://tinypic.com/9ar583.jpg
    >>> http://tinypic.com/9ar603.jpg
    >>>
    >>> Recipe for 2 persons:
    >>> 200 grammes of yellow rice (I use riso Flora);
    >>> 25 grammes of butter
    >>> 3 teaspoons of EVOO;
    >>> 1 onion chopped
    >>> 3 cubes of frozen spinach;
    >>> 1.5 litres of hot broth;
    >>> 3 teaspoons of salt
    >>> 1 tea spoon of white pepper
    >>> 1 dusting of nutmeg
    >>> 30 grammes of Reggiano (I put a cheese called "Castelmagno");
    >>> -----------------------
    >>> Boil the spinach and when cold, squash and mince them.
    >>> Put on the fire a pot with broth and when it is hot turn off the
    >>> fire.
    >>> In a large frying pan put oil and butter. When the butter is
    >>> liquefied put the onion and when this one become trasparent and soft
    >>> add the spinach. Mix and season with salt, pepper and the nutmeg,
    >>> then add the rice.
    >>> Mix with a wood spoon adding few broth little by little (when broth
    >>> is absorbed from the rice you add another ladle).
    >>> Continue to mix till the rice is ready (about 15 minutes).
    >>> At the end turn off the fire, put the grated cheese and mix again.
    >>> Your Risotto agli spinaci is ready. Very good if you like vegetables!

    > My first impression on reading this recipe was to hold off on boiling the
    > spinach. I was thinking about chopping it and then adding it at the end.
    > The heat from the rice would wilt it.

    If you have fresh spinach is ok. But if you have frozen spinach, you can't
    put the "icebergs" in your frying pan :)

    I was thinking flavour wise and it
    > would pack more of a punch and the colour may be more brilliant as well.
    > Have you tried that?

    Yes! with fresh spinach, but this is a winter vegetable. In this period you
    can't find them!
    Cheers
    Pandora

  11. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]

    > "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >>> "MG" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >>> news:[email protected]

    >> I forgot to say: I also hate it :)))
    >> Pandora

    > I don't think it is so bad -- it is the ambience of an Italian
    > countyr-style kitchen, is it not?

    Not in 2005! :)))))))))
    Cheers
    Pandora

  12. Debbie

    Debbie Guest

    Pandora wrote:
    >> "Debbie" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> news:[email protected]

    >>> My first impression on reading this recipe was to hold off on
    >>> boiling the spinach. I was thinking about chopping it and then
    >>> adding it at the end. The heat from the rice would wilt it.

    >> If you have fresh spinach is ok. But if you have frozen spinach,
    >> you can't put the "icebergs" in your frying pan :)
    >>
    >> I was thinking flavour wise and it
    >>> would pack more of a punch and the colour may be more brilliant as
    >>> well. Have you tried that?

    >> Yes! with fresh spinach, but this is a winter vegetable. In this
    >> period you can't find them!

    Thanks.. I don't use frozen spinach. So I think I will make it with those
    changes then!

    Debbie

  13. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > "MG" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > news:[email protected]
    >> snipped...
    >>
    >>> Looks wonderful Pandora. Your kitchen wallpaper reminds me of mine
    >>> and I hate my kitchen ;)

    > I haven't chosen it! I found it when I came in this house :((
    > Cheers
    > Pandora

    Same as me. UGH, floral and avocado.

    Michael

  14. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    >> "MG" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>> snipped...

    > I forgot to say: I also hate it :)))
    > Pandora

    I want a new kitchen but can't afford it right now. I'll bet I got ya'
    beat on this one. The fridge (in perfect condition) is avocado also.
    Bleah.

    Michael

  15. Bell Jar

    Bell Jar Guest

    "Dog3" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > I want a new kitchen but can't afford it right now. I'll bet I got ya'
    > beat on this one. The fridge (in perfect condition) is avocado also.
    > Bleah.
    >
    > Michael

    ahh ... I think I may just die for an avocado fridge ;) If you ever want to
    get rid of it ... :D

  16. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "Debbie" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]
    > Pandora wrote:
    >>> "Debbie" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >>> news:[email protected]

    >>> If you have fresh spinach is ok. But if you have frozen spinach,
    >>> you can't put the "icebergs" in your frying pan :)
    >>>
    >>> I was thinking flavour wise and it
    >>>
    >>> Yes! with fresh spinach, but this is a winter vegetable. In this
    >>> period you can't find them!

    > Thanks.. I don't use frozen spinach. So I think I will make it with those
    > changes then!

    Ok! Frozen spinach aren't the best thing in the earth! :))))
    But they come usefull for many cooked preparations such as: Ravioli ricotta
    e spinaci; crepes; flans etc.
    Cheers
    Pandora

  17. sf

    sf Guest

    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 14:21:10 GMT, Pandora wrote:

    > 200 grammes of yellow rice (I use riso Flora);

    I don't know what yellow rice is... another name for arborio?
    I've never thought of it as *yellow* before this.

  18. sf

    sf Guest

    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:07:36 GMT, Pandora wrote:

    > Ok! Frozen spinach aren't the best thing in the earth! :))))
    > But they come usefull for many cooked preparations such as: Ravioli ricotta
    > e spinaci; crepes; flans etc.

    You're very practical, Pandora. No need to make things hard when you
    don't have to. IMO, if it's going to be cooked anyway - I might as
    well use frozen.

  19. Debbie

    Debbie Guest

    Pandora wrote:
    >> "Debbie" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> news:[email protected]

    >>> Thanks.. I don't use frozen spinach. So I think I will make it
    >>> with those changes then!

    >> Ok! Frozen spinach aren't the best thing in the earth! :))))
    >> But they come usefull for many cooked preparations such as: Ravioli
    >> ricotta e spinaci; crepes; flans etc.

    Perhaps.. I haven't really made anything like that with spinach before.
    However, I seem to be using more and more spinach in my meals recently.. so
    that could change. In that case, I may be purchasing frozen as well. :)
    That however will depend on if grandson likes spinach as he is coming to
    live in me with in a couple of weeks.

    Debbie

  20. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "sf" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 14:21:10 GMT, Pandora wrote:
    >
    >> 200 grammes of yellow rice (I use riso Flora);

    > I don't know what yellow rice is... another name for arborio?
    > I've never thought of it as *yellow* before this.

    They call "yellow rice" because the grains are really yellow. It isn't
    arborio.
    It is the pre cooked rice, the one that doesen't overkook; the one that has
    separated grains also if you forget it on the fire and also if you mix and
    mix for long time; the one that Chinese people doesn't use. It is very good
    for rice salads and for risotti. It is no good to make supplì.
    Here is what I have found:
    http://tinypic.com/9bf7sg.jpg
    Cheers
    Pandora