[Risotto] with spinach (Photo).

ziab ha scritto:

>We haven't had, for quite a while, a real risotto flame; it was years
>ago: the major supporter of the degenerated version "add water all in
>once a never mix" conceded defeat ;-)

that was a joke compared to a possible dispute over the use of
parboiled rice for risotto with porcini mushrooms or with seafood ;-)

marilus

marilus <[email protected]> wrote:

> that was a joke compared to a possible dispute over the use of
> parboiled rice for risotto with porcini mushrooms or with seafood ;-)

parboiled rice with porcini or seafood it's something I have never heard
mentioning ;-)

But haven't been practising a proper English for 15 long years to enter
into a dispute, here and now

--
zb

Pandora wrote:
> This morning I made RISOTTO AGLI SPINACI.
> (Very simple to do)
> here is the photos:
>
> http://tinypic.com/9ar583.jpg
> http://tinypic.com/9ar603.jpg
>
> Recipe for 2 persons:
> 200 grammes of yellow rice (I use riso Flora);
> 25 grammes of butter
> 3 teaspoons of EVOO;
> 1 onion chopped
> 3 cubes of frozen spinach;
> 1.5 litres of hot broth;
> 3 teaspoons of salt
> 1 tea spoon of white pepper
> 1 dusting of nutmeg
> 30 grammes of Reggiano (I put a cheese called "Castelmagno");
> -----------------------
> Boil the spinach and when cold, squash and mince them.
> Put on the fire a pot with broth and when it is hot turn off the fire.
> In a large frying pan put oil and butter. When the butter is liquefied put
> the onion and when this one become trasparent and soft add the spinach. Mix
> and season with salt, pepper and the nutmeg, then add the rice.
> Mix with a wood spoon adding few broth little by little (when broth is
> absorbed from the rice you add another ladle).
> Continue to mix till the rice is ready (about 15 minutes).
> At the end turn off the fire, put the grated cheese and mix again.
> Your Risotto agli spinaci is ready. Very good if you like vegetables!

Actually, such a recipe is very strange to me.
Doesn't seen anything I can imagine for a Risotto in a very italian good
cooking way.
But Pandora can make miracles! Tray, taste and evaluate.