Ritalin:The Cold Hard Facts

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Jan, Dec 19, 2003.

  1. Jan

    Jan Guest

    http://health.homepage.dk/ritalin.htm

    Quote: "Doctors have throughout time made fortunes on killing their patients with their cures. The
    difference in psychiatry is that it is the death of the soul." R.D. Laving.

    Ritalin: one of the most dangerous and addictive drugs available

    Ritalin is a drug manufactured by CibaGeneva Pharmaceuticals (also known as Ciba-Geigy), which is a
    division of Novartis.

    In the USA and Canada this drug is being prescribed to millions of school children with Attention
    Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).

    The drug is highly addictive. The war on drugs is doomed to failure as long as Ritalin can be
    prescribed legally.

    ADHD-like symptoms are often just the result of poor nutrition. Such common things as candy, soft
    drinks and other sweet items can cause those symptoms.

    If your child has ADHD-like symptoms, then ensure he or she gets nutritious food. Avoid candy, sugar
    and other sweet items, especially in the morning before school and during school hours. If your
    child has a craving for sweet items, then it can be caused by lack of vitamin C and can be handled
    by giving the child a supplement of about 500 mg vitamin C daily.

    Refined food like white bread, french fries, potato chips etc. is no good.

    Fresh fruit and fresh vegetables are very important items in a persons diet. They contain vitamins
    and other vital ingredients.

    Sufficient physical exercise is also important to maintain good health.

    Hyperactivity can also be caused by a lack of certain nutritional supplements: niacinamide, B-
    complex, C, zink, magnesium, chrome, manganese.

    If the above does not help, then your child may be allergic to some types of food. Get your child
    tested for allergy and avoid the types of food that the child is allergic to.

    Get more advice at Alternative Mental Health Online Home Page

    School kids are being destroyed by Ritalin. Here is some testimony:

    "My son has a really hard time concentrating and is very easily frustrated. Public schools are
    really not capable to handle children like this so they really force the issue of placing them on
    drugs. They told me that if I continued to be resistant to the idea of placing him on ritalin that
    he would fail and it would be totally my fault. They also told me that most kids with this disorder
    would need anti depressants and would become addicted to drugs down the road. I feel totally lost
    and I just don't know what to do. He is in a special class now and is teased unmercifully by the
    neighbor hood kids. I really would appreciate any help you could give because the school
    psychiatrist is absolutely no help at all."

    M.B.

    "As an educator and a parent, I strongly disagree with medicating students who are labeled as
    "disruptive", "a behaviour problem" and/or "ADD or ADHD" with ritalin.I do not understand how some
    supposedly "professional" educators could demand that parents put their children on addictive drugs
    because they can't cope with a child whose behaviour isn't acceptable. The child may become very
    quiet and subdued, but they won't be learning!

    I have taught in two different classrooms in which there was an unfortunate child on "meds"
    (specifically Ritalin) and have seen the negative affects of this doping. In each case, the child
    was prescribed one pill before school and one at lunch. In the morning both of the children, one in
    grade 4 and one in grade 5, were lethargic and quiet, or alternateley defiant and disruptive. In the
    case of the grade 4 student, after his noon pill, he would be unfocused and his eyes became vacant
    and staring. After about 2:00 pm, the child would become increasingly disoriented, frustrated and
    therefore would act out by throwing things (including his desk), crying, hiding under his desk and
    slamming rulers and pencils.

    The grade five student had difficulty breathing and would complain of headaches and nausea after
    Physical Education, although he was an athletic boy who really enjoyed the class. He would often
    "crash" in the afternoon - unable to concentrate or enjoy interesting lessons and activities. The
    poor boy had little or no retention of concepts and facts that he had understood the day before. He
    was often reduced to laying with his head on the desk in a stupor which left him feeling "wrong". He
    also complained of headaches and nausea in the afternoon even when he hadn't participated in any
    physical activity. He was either stoned or coming down from the Ritalin. Ritalin is a class II
    controlled substance. How could he learn?

    He often complained of not being able to understand anything. He felt "stupid". I'd feel stupid,
    too, if I was stoned in school ( especially by no choice of my own). He felt angry. He felt
    frustrated. He felt ill.

    Both of these children were "diagnosed" with ADHD and ADD respectively. I had little contact with
    the parents of the grade 4 child, but in speaking with the foster parents of the grade five child, I
    learned that they had looked into alternative medication and treatments, but were having difficulty
    getting any cooperation from the local doctors or the Ministry of Family Services for further
    testing and referrals to other Child Psychologists. One Doctor, one diagnosis, no choices.

    These children are being condemned to never reaching their potential, to a life of feeling "stupid",
    and all research I have read points to a predisposition for drug abuse later in life, as well as
    other serious physical maladies that have been linked to this drug. Please, parents. Don't condemn
    your little one. If you put your child on Ritalin you may as well just buy him a crack pipe for
    Christmas."

    Anonymous Teacher

    Find more information about Ritalin here:

    Death from Ritalin/The ADHD Truth

    Talking Back to Ritalin--New Breggin Book Excerpts

    Psychiatrists and Ritalin

    All About ADD/ADHD, Ritalin, Attention Deficit Disorder

    No More Ritalin-Treating ADHD Without Drugs, A Mother's Journey/A Physician's Approach

    Psychiatry: The Ultimate Drug Pusher

    Do you have testimony? Then please send it to [email protected] for posting on this web-site.
    By doing so, you will contribute to getting this junk off the market

    Tags:

  2. Jeremy

    Jeremy Guest

    The following is a suggested alternative to Ritalin use.

    Everyone knows that our processed food today is bad for your health. The FDA has just formally
    announced that all Americans should take vitamin supplements in acknowledgement of this fact. But
    did you know that there is no quality standard enforced by any agency for vitamins? Most cheap
    multivitamins do not contain the balance indicated on the label. Furthermore, the absorption rate
    of these pill-form vitamins is about 20%! I know of only one vitamin supplement with the ability to
    deliver near 100%. Biometics makes liquid-form vitamins that use a patented micronization system
    called Emusol Micellization to reduce the physical size of vitamin particles so small that the
    liquid will actually leak through a Styrofoam cup! Fat-solubles become water-soluble! Fact: You are
    what you absorb. I'd like to tell you just a few stories of those whose lives have been
    dramatically changed.

    10 year old Justin Pully of NC had been on Ritalin since age 5 for ADHD. 2 months after being put on
    Biometics products his doctor eased him off Ritalin Completely.

    Immediately upon using Biometics products Sissel Hoff (my mother) of NC began to sleep will after a
    lifetime of chronic insomnia. I have also experienced a dramatic improvement in sleep patterns since
    I started using Biometics' Cal-Mag.

    Annie Hoffman of NC was fully disabled for 10 years due to mercury poisoning. After a few months on
    Biometics her stamina and mental faculties were completely restored.

    Mrs. Ferket of NC was heavily medicated for bipolar disorder. After a period of months she was able
    to become completely medication free.

    My parents are actually retailers of these awesome vitamins. The vitamins have a money back
    guarantee, but only 0.5 percent of the products purchased are ever returned. That is no joke. For
    more information contact Roy and Sissel Hoff by email at [email protected], or by phone at 919-870-
    7628. Try them for yourself and you will see a tremendous improvement in all aspects of your health.

    Peace, Jeremy Hoff