Ritchey aero pro

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Robert, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Robert

    Robert Guest

    I have a set of aero pro wheels and I trashed both rims in a fall I was wondering since the rear hub
    is paired to an OCR(off center) rim , must I replace the rim with the original Ritchey OCR rim or
    can I use any 24/28 combination?

    Robert

    The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><

    Tags:

  2. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "Robert" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have a set of aero pro wheels and I trashed both rims in a fall I was wondering since the rear
    > hub is paired to an OCR(off center) rim , must I replace the rim with the original Ritchey OCR rim
    > or can I use any 24/28 combination?
    >
    > Robert

    http://www.uncensored-news.com
    <><><><><><><><>

    Initial observation of my own Ritchey wheels tells me that as long as you have the right length
    spokes, the hubs don't care what kind of rims they're driving...

  3. Terry Rudd

    Terry Rudd Guest

    Mike S. wrote:
    > "Robert" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>I have a set of aero pro wheels and I trashed both rims in a fall I was wondering since the rear
    >>hub is paired to an OCR(off center) rim , must I replace the rim with the original Ritchey OCR rim
    >>or can I use any 24/28 combination?
    >>
    >>Robert

    > http://www.uncensored-news.com
    >
    >> <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source
    >
    > <><><><><><><><>
    >

    > Initial observation of my own Ritchey wheels tells me that as long as you have the right length
    > spokes, the hubs don't care what kind of rims they're driving...

    I have two sets and believe Mike is correct. That said, Excelsports had a pretty good sale on the
    Ritchey Pro rims a while ago and may still have some cheap. I know they have them regularly priced
    at $50/rim.

    Another option might be the Velocity Aerohead, which now has an OC option but as best I can tell
    does not have a 24 hole rim. But mine was a cursory check.

    I do know that Peter at Vecchios has rebuilt a number of Ritchey wheels with other brand rims. He
    posts in rec.bicycles.tech regularly.

    Terry

  4. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    The Deep Vs come in 24 hole drillings. I built a pair for a friend of mine with them. CXP30s used
    to, but they're a little heavier.

    You could always pop for a pair of Zipp rims...

    "Terry Rudd" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Mike S. wrote:
    > > "Robert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > >>I have a set of aero pro wheels and I trashed both rims in a fall I was wondering since the rear
    > >>hub is paired to an OCR(off center) rim , must I replace the rim with the original Ritchey OCR
    > >>rim or can I use any 24/28 combination?
    > >>
    > >>Robert

    > > http://www.uncensored-news.com
    > >
    > >> <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source
    > >
    > > <><><><><><><><>
    > >

    > > Initial observation of my own Ritchey wheels tells me that as long as
    you
    > > have the right length spokes, the hubs don't care what kind of rims
    they're
    > > driving...
    > >

    > I have two sets and believe Mike is correct. That said, Excelsports had a pretty good sale on the
    > Ritchey Pro rims a while ago and may still have some cheap. I know they have them regularly priced
    > at $50/rim.
    >
    > Another option might be the Velocity Aerohead, which now has an OC option but as best I can tell
    > does not have a 24 hole rim. But mine was a cursory check.
    >
    > I do know that Peter at Vecchios has rebuilt a number of Ritchey wheels with other brand rims. He
    > posts in rec.bicycles.tech regularly.
    >
    > Terry

  5. opus-<< I have a set of aero pro wheels and I trashed both rims in a fall I was wondering since the
    rear hub is paired to an OCR(off center) rim , must I replace the rim with the original Ritchey OCR
    rim or can I use any 24/28 combination?

    Use any rim of 24/28...the hubs are just 'hubs'-

    These rims(Ritchey) are available as rims alone tho-

  6. Appkiller

    Appkiller Guest

    I wrote: Wrong ...

    I was: Wrong (I was thinking CXP33's).

    App

  7. Terry Rudd wrote:

    > Mike S. wrote:
    > > "Robert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > >>I have a set of aero pro wheels and I trashed both rims in a fall I was wondering since the rear
    > >>hub is paired to an OCR(off center) rim , must I replace the rim with the original Ritchey OCR
    > >>rim or can I use any 24/28 combination?

    > Another option might be the Velocity Aerohead, which now has an OC option but as best I can tell
    > does not have a 24 hole rim. But mine was a cursory check.

    Yes, the Aerohead does come in a 24 h. I rebuilt a race wrecked (old) Campy Aero Omega with a 24 h
    Aerohead this year. I can't remember for sure right now but I think the ERD is 602 mm.

  8. Terry Rudd

    Terry Rudd Guest

    Frankly, I recommend you have someone like Peter build the wheels up with NOS Ritchey rims. They are
    good rims but require proper tension and that is somtthing Ritchey just doesn't do that well from
    the factory- I know, I now have three sets! That said, Peter knows how to build a wheel that lasts,
    even with all-Ritchey parts.

    Terry ( not paid by Peter ) Rudd