Ritchey aero pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Robert

I have a set of aero pro wheels and I trashed both rims in a fall I was wondering since the rear hub
is paired to an OCR(off center) rim , must I replace the rim with the original Ritchey OCR rim or
can I use any 24/28 combination?

Robert

"Robert" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I have a set of aero pro wheels and I trashed both rims in a fall I was wondering since the rear
> hub is paired to an OCR(off center) rim , must I replace the rim with the original Ritchey OCR rim
> or can I use any 24/28 combination?
>
> Robert
>
> ______________________________________________________________________
> Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Still Only $9.95 -
http://www.uncensored-news.com
> <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source
<><><><><><><><>
>

Initial observation of my own Ritchey wheels tells me that as long as you have the right length
spokes, the hubs don't care what kind of rims they're driving...

Mike S. wrote:
> "Robert" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>>I have a set of aero pro wheels and I trashed both rims in a fall I was wondering since the rear
>>hub is paired to an OCR(off center) rim , must I replace the rim with the original Ritchey OCR rim
>>or can I use any 24/28 combination?
>>
>>Robert
>>
>>______________________________________________________________________
>>Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Still Only $9.95 -
>
> http://www.uncensored-news.com
>
>> <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source
>
> <><><><><><><><>
>
>
> Initial observation of my own Ritchey wheels tells me that as long as you have the right length
> spokes, the hubs don't care what kind of rims they're driving...
>

I have two sets and believe Mike is correct. That said, Excelsports had a pretty good sale on the
Ritchey Pro rims a while ago and may still have some cheap. I know they have them regularly priced
at $50/rim.

Another option might be the Velocity Aerohead, which now has an OC option but as best I can tell
does not have a 24 hole rim. But mine was a cursory check.

I do know that Peter at Vecchios has rebuilt a number of Ritchey wheels with other brand rims. He
posts in rec.bicycles.tech regularly.

Terry

>

The Deep Vs come in 24 hole drillings. I built a pair for a friend of mine with them. CXP30s used
to, but they're a little heavier.

You could always pop for a pair of Zipp rims...

"Terry Rudd" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>
> Mike S. wrote:
> > "Robert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>I have a set of aero pro wheels and I trashed both rims in a fall I was wondering since the rear
> >>hub is paired to an OCR(off center) rim , must I replace the rim with the original Ritchey OCR
> >>rim or can I use any 24/28 combination?
> >>
> >>Robert
> >>
> >>______________________________________________________________________
> >>Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Still Only $9.95 -
> >
> > http://www.uncensored-news.com
> >
> >> <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source
> >
> > <><><><><><><><>
> >
> >
> > Initial observation of my own Ritchey wheels tells me that as long as
you
> > have the right length spokes, the hubs don't care what kind of rims
they're
> > driving...
> >
>
> I have two sets and believe Mike is correct. That said, Excelsports had a pretty good sale on the
> Ritchey Pro rims a while ago and may still have some cheap. I know they have them regularly priced
> at $50/rim.
>
> Another option might be the Velocity Aerohead, which now has an OC option but as best I can tell
> does not have a 24 hole rim. But mine was a cursory check.
>
> I do know that Peter at Vecchios has rebuilt a number of Ritchey wheels with other brand rims. He
> posts in rec.bicycles.tech regularly.
>
> Terry
>
> >
> >

opus-<< I have a set of aero pro wheels and I trashed both rims in a fall I was wondering since the
rear hub is paired to an OCR(off center) rim , must I replace the rim with the original Ritchey OCR
rim or can I use any 24/28 combination?

Use any rim of 24/28...the hubs are just 'hubs'-

These rims(Ritchey) are available as rims alone tho-

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

I wrote: Wrong ...

I was: Wrong (I was thinking CXP33's).

App

Terry Rudd wrote:
>
> Mike S. wrote:
> > "Robert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>I have a set of aero pro wheels and I trashed both rims in a fall I was wondering since the rear
> >>hub is paired to an OCR(off center) rim , must I replace the rim with the original Ritchey OCR
> >>rim or can I use any 24/28 combination?

> Another option might be the Velocity Aerohead, which now has an OC option but as best I can tell
> does not have a 24 hole rim. But mine was a cursory check.

Yes, the Aerohead does come in a 24 h. I rebuilt a race wrecked (old) Campy Aero Omega with a 24 h
Aerohead this year. I can't remember for sure right now but I think the ERD is 602 mm.

Frankly, I recommend you have someone like Peter build the wheels up with NOS Ritchey rims. They are
good rims but require proper tension and that is somtthing Ritchey just doesn't do that well from
the factory- I know, I now have three sets! That said, Peter knows how to build a wheel that lasts,
even with all-Ritchey parts.

Terry ( not paid by Peter ) Rudd

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> opus-<< I have a set of aero pro wheels and I trashed both rims in a fall I was wondering since
> the rear hub is paired to an OCR(off center) rim , must I replace the rim with the original
> Ritchey OCR rim or can I use any 24/28 combination?
>
> Use any rim of 24/28...the hubs are just 'hubs'-
>
> These rims(Ritchey) are available as rims alone tho-
>
>
> Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
> (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Status
Not open for further replies.