Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Ritchey rim ERD for spoke length calc

Started by Todd Holland · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,872 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
10 April 2003
Last activity
10 April 2003
Original author
Todd Holland
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,872
Views / 30 days
6

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. What is the correct ERD for Ritchey WCS Aero (front) and OCR (rear) 700c rims? The excellent
    "spocalc.xls" by Damon Rinard lists 606mm, but a note says "spoke seat 602mm." I used the straight
    number for Ritchey 26" rims and the spokes were a tad long, so I suspect 602mm is correct.

    Also, do I need to account for the 3mm offset of the spoke holes on the OCR rear rim by changing the
    flange-to-center distances for the hub? Or is this offset too small to affect spoke length?

    Any help would be appreciated (Campy 9v hubs, 28h 3x), Todd H.

  2. tholland-<< so I suspect 602mm is correct.

    Agree but I'm at home and my ERD list is at work-you can call..

    << Also, do I need to account for the 3mm offset of the spoke holes on the OCR rear rim by changing
    the flange-to-center distances for the hub?

    Use the same flange measurements, i just add 1mm to the left spoke length instead of
    2mm...build normally.

    Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 vecchios.comvecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.