Ritchey wcs freehub body removal

tourcycler

Sep 13, 2006
i have a wcs protocol rear wheel that has a damaged freehub body. i received the new freehub (shimano) body from ritchey but am not a bicycle mechanic to say the least. does anyone know how to remove the freehub body from the ritchey wcs protocol wheel? thanks.

If you don’t know how to do it or can’t figure it out for yourself then you should leave it alone and take it to a mechanic. Apart from being poorly made the design of those hubs is not very robust and so there is a good change you’ll screw it up even more.

Jay.

tourcycler said:
i have a wcs protocol rear wheel that has a damaged freehub body. i received the new freehub (shimano) body from ritchey but am not a bicycle mechanic to say the least. does anyone know how to remove the freehub body from the ritchey wcs protocol wheel? thanks.

Different brands work a bit different from each other. Yours is probably similar to the Shimano.

See this link for the instructions:

http://www.parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=45

tourcycler said:
If it is like Shimano hubs there is a 10mm tubular bolt you take out with an allen wrench.