ritchey wcs hubs

hwttdz

Sep 28, 2003
Anyone used these hubs, they're a lot cheaper than the comparable shimano, on road bike review a few people complained the rear made noise, I don't care if it makes noise as long as it rolls smoothly and doesn't have too much friction. Also couldn't one put better bearings in if they're loose bearings, just open it up and put new balls in?

hwttdz said:
Anyone used these hubs, they're a lot cheaper than the comparable shimano, on road bike review a few people complained the rear made noise, I don't care if it makes noise as long as it rolls smoothly and doesn't have too much friction. Also couldn't one put better bearings in if they're loose bearings, just open it up and put new balls in?
Even Chris Kings, and Record hubs make noise.Shimanos don't. Ritcheys use cartridge bearings.More to it than just balls.

Actually shimano's make noise as well, maybe that's a problem with mine but I really doubt it. I thought it had something to do with the racheting mechanism. Thats a clicking sound, some people said there was a grinding sound. I can't seem to get to richey's sight but even if they are cartridge bearings if they're made to some common standard it shouldn't be too hard to replace the bearings, and they'd still be cheaper.