Ritchey WCS seatpost

jrstevens

Dec 22, 2004
This seatpost came with my new bike. It has a design unlike any other I've seen but I guess that goes without saying. Anyways, I've had trouble tightnening it down enough to keep the clamp from sliding back and the nose of the saddle pointing up from the weight of my rear end. I'm using a Fizik Arione and have the rails fairly centered in the clamp. Anyone else run into this problem or offer a solution besides just keep tightening?

J

jrstevens said:
This seatpost came with my new bike. It has a design unlike any other I've seen but I guess that goes without saying. Anyways, I've had trouble tightnening it down enough to keep the clamp from sliding back and the nose of the saddle pointing up from the weight of my rear end. I'm using a Fizik Arione and have the rails fairly centered in the clamp. Anyone else run into this problem or offer a solution besides just keep tightening?

J
Take it back to where you got it from and have them replace it. A seatpost should tighten and that should be the end of it.

jrstevens said:

J
Nothing unusual about the design.Have several similar with no issues. Too much tightening can cause you to have a bad day.

I've had the same problem with mine. The problem is with the finish rather than the design. Take the clamp off of the top of the seatpost and rough up the mating surfaces a bit with some coarse sand paper.

artmichalek said:
I've had the same problem with mine. The problem is with the finish rather than the design. Take the clamp off of the top of the seatpost and rough up the mating surfaces a bit with some coarse sand paper.
okay I'll give that a try. Thanks,

J