Ritchey wcs stem problem

Pawko

Apr 30, 2004
Am having trouble with handlebar movement now that I've changed to this stem . When upward or downward pressure is applied to base bar or tri bars a slight clicking sound is heard , I set my tri bars up dead level but over time they & the base bar will rotate downwards . This stem has the weird "Z clamp" setup & narrow double saddle clamp which I installed as per instructions and have since tightened further as much as I dare but the problem remains . It seems to me that the narrow saddle clamps have insufficient contact area to provide a secure fit . Any suggestions or do I need to bin a supposed top line stem ?

Pawko said:
Am having trouble with handlebar movement now that I've changed to this stem . When upward or downward pressure is applied to base bar or tri bars a slight clicking sound is heard , I set my tri bars up dead level but over time they & the base bar will rotate downwards . This stem has the weird "Z clamp" setup & narrow double saddle clamp which I installed as per instructions and have since tightened further as much as I dare but the problem remains . It seems to me that the narrow saddle clamps have insufficient contact area to provide a secure fit . Any suggestions or do I need to bin a supposed top line stem ?
Friction enhancer at the bar stem interface.