Ritchey WCS Z-Max tyres

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Ben, Jun 9, 2003.

  1. Ben

    Ben Guest

    Do they still exist? I've just worn out my last pair.

    Or can anyone recommend something similar?
    --
    ******** replace 'spam' with 'ben' to reply *********

    Tags:

  2. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    Ben <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Do they still exist? I've just worn out my last pair.

    They're still available, but now are called "Z Max Millenium". They're a very good all-terrain tire
    (as you probably know).

  3. Ben

    Ben Guest

    "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Emailed. Here's the address: [email protected]

    Been away from the computer a bit, but thanks for the help and extra info, Jon. I think I'll try
    for some help for mine. I think I only have one broken at present. By the way, what adhesive did
    you use, and has it held up fine?
    --
    Off to ride the mountains, Dale Heath Reply to newsgroup. Spam is out of control.

    > And my initial email:
    > > Referencing the part that fits over the springs, with the cutouts for
    the
    > > squre wires that engage the cleats - the part the cleat sits on, and is printed with "TIME
    > > ATAC". The orange part on normal times, although
    these
    > > are the composite version.
    > >
    > > I've recently broken three of these - two on one pedal, one on the
    other.
    > > One of them broke within 4 rides after installation, at the same spot as
    > the
    > > other one - the inside front corner. I'm not sure if this is from
    hitting
    > > them on rocks, but I don't do that too much - seems I did it a lot more before, and didn't have
    > > any problems then.
    > >
    > > Is there any reason those plastic pieces are breaking so much? Could
    this
    > > be a sign of cleat wear, maybe? I'm using Shimano shoes, fairly high
    end
    > > ones, so I don't think its the shoe's fault.
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    > >
    > > Jon Bond

  4. Paul Ayck

    Paul Ayck Guest

    I started using Panaracer Fire XC 2.1 when the Z-Max's finished. They not quite as good in wet stuff
    as Z-Max but better all round on everything else and roll on roads much better.