Ritchey WCS Z-Max tyres

Ben

Guest
Do they still exist? I've just worn out my last pair.

Or can anyone recommend something similar?
--
******** replace 'spam' with 'ben' to reply *********

Ben <[email protected]> wrote:

>Do they still exist? I've just worn out my last pair.

They're still available, but now are called "Z Max Millenium". They're a very good all-terrain tire
(as you probably know).

"Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:NZ2Ea.41982$d51.97359@sccrnsc01...
> Emailed. Here's the address: [email protected]

Been away from the computer a bit, but thanks for the help and extra info, Jon. I think I'll try
for some help for mine. I think I only have one broken at present. By the way, what adhesive did
you use, and has it held up fine?
--
Off to ride the mountains, Dale Heath Reply to newsgroup. Spam is out of control.

> And my initial email:
> > Referencing the part that fits over the springs, with the cutouts for
the
> > squre wires that engage the cleats - the part the cleat sits on, and is printed with "TIME
> > ATAC". The orange part on normal times, although
these
> > are the composite version.
> >
> > I've recently broken three of these - two on one pedal, one on the
other.
> > One of them broke within 4 rides after installation, at the same spot as
> the
> > other one - the inside front corner. I'm not sure if this is from
hitting
> > them on rocks, but I don't do that too much - seems I did it a lot more before, and didn't have
> > any problems then.
> >
> > Is there any reason those plastic pieces are breaking so much? Could
this
> > be a sign of cleat wear, maybe? I'm using Shimano shoes, fairly high
end
> > ones, so I don't think its the shoe's fault.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Jon Bond

I started using Panaracer Fire XC 2.1 when the Z-Max's finished. They not quite as good in wet stuff
as Z-Max but better all round on everything else and roll on roads much better.