Rivendale Romulus

tasmart

Mar 13, 2004
Anybody out there who has reidden/owned one of these and can give some feedback? I am mostly concerned about the long reach brakes and how well they work. Overall though i agree with the guys at Rivendale, bikes today are made too small with far too much reach betenn the seat height and the handlebar height, even on a properly fitted bike.

Terry

Actually, they are standard reach brakes (57mm). The are Shimano Ultegra and are the same as I have on my Rambouilett. High quality. Plenty of power. I love them.

You will also love the ride of a Grant Peterson designed bike. Low BB. Leans into turns unlike anything else.

Originally posted by likelance
Actually, they are standard reach brakes (57mm). The are Shimano Ultegra and are the same as I have on my Rambouilett. High quality. Plenty of power. I love them.

You will also love the ride of a Grant Peterson designed bike. Low BB. Leans into turns unlike anything else.

I would agree. I got mine in february. It reminds me of my 74 fuji s10s, only about 15lbs lighter. Brakes are great, really soaks up the road. Handling very stable, and corners quite well, even on club rides with litespeeds and serottas. The low bb is nice, but my only beef is toe clip scrape until I get my foot flipped in. I'm still getting used to the barcons, my other bikes have downtubes and I can do all my shifting with one hand on those. I'm toying with the idea of putting them on the Romulus. One thing I can say, This is the first bike I don't have to change anything on because someone cut a corner. They even use cloth rim strip.
My big concern was the weight, but it's about 1.5lbs heavier than my carbon bike.

Originally posted by jkwas
I would agree. I got mine in february. It reminds me of my 74 fuji s10s, only about 15lbs lighter.
My big concern was the weight, but it's about 1.5lbs heavier than my carbon bike.
LOL.... maybe you need calibrated scales, and a better memory.. The Carbon bike must be a real tu*d.

I don't know what tu*d means, but it doesn't sound good. MY carbon bike is a 94 specialized epic, weighs in at about 21.5lbs by my best estimate. Then, add bags and bottles. I weigh 198, so I really can't tell that much of a diff. But I got the rom. up to 28mph yesterday on the flats. Of course I'm an old guy.