River lea(Enfield) to Millenium bridge(Thames)

Chris Nowak

Guest
Thinking of this as a training ride. Can it be done and back in an afternoon
without getting stressed?
Chris

Chris Nowak wrote:
> Thinking of this as a training ride. Can it be done and back in an afternoon
> without getting stressed?

20 miles max... No hills to speak of... You should be able to do it in
well under two hours without breaking sweat, depending on your tolerance
of London traffic.

d.

"davek" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Chris Nowak wrote:
>> Thinking of this as a training ride. Can it be done and back in an
>> afternoon without getting stressed?

> 20 miles max... No hills to speak of... You should be able to do it in
> well under two hours without breaking sweat, depending on your tolerance
> of London traffic.
>
> d.

Only problem can be dodging pedestrians - other than that, quite a pleasant
ride.

"David Hughes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "davek" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Chris Nowak wrote:
>>> Thinking of this as a training ride. Can it be done and back in an
>>> afternoon without getting stressed?

>> 20 miles max... No hills to speak of... You should be able to do it in
>> well under two hours without breaking sweat, depending on your tolerance
>> of London traffic.
>>
>> d.

> Only problem can be dodging pedestrians - other than that, quite a
> pleasant ride.

dID YOU FOLLOW A TOWPATH ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE THAMES or at what point fif
you come off the path?

On Sat, 2005-01-29 at 20:04 +0000, Chris Nowak wrote:
> Thinking of this as a training ride. Can it be done and back in an afternoon
> without getting stressed?

I've done the river Lea route a few times.

The towpath can be a bit rough - I don't like doing it on my road bike
really.

What route do you propose to take along to the Millenium bridge?

"John Hearns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On Sat, 2005-01-29 at 20:04 +0000, Chris Nowak wrote:
>> Thinking of this as a training ride. Can it be done and back in an
>> afternoon
>> without getting stressed?

> I've done the river Lea route a few times.
>
> The towpath can be a bit rough - I don't like doing it on my road bike
> really.
>
> What route do you propose to take along to the Millenium bridge?

Pick up the towpath at Enfield lock then south to the Thames and turn west.
I don't know exactly where the bridge is or the point where the Lea joins
the Thames. I'll do a bit of gooling to find out more.

I've cycled various little bits of the towpath. Pleasant for dawdling
along on a mountain bike but the main roads are far preferable if you want
to get some decent speed up, despite the traffic (which is not a problem
early morning or late night if you get any of those times spare).

~PB